Spinach and egg breakfast burritos are stuffed with scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, salsa, and spinach. Four wholesome fresh ingredients wrapped in a light tortilla. It's so simple and so delicious! Spinach egg burritos are light on calories but big on flavor and nutrients. They are an easy and healthy breakfast idea that the whole family can enjoy.
I never thought I'd say this, but there was a time that I was sick of eating bagel sandwiches for breakfast.
As delicious as a hot NY style bagel piled high with pork roll, egg, and cheese is, it can be very filling, sometimes too filling and not so good for the waistline. Especially when you're coming out of the winter slump and getting ready for summer.
So my family and I have made the switch to this spinach and egg breakfast burrito, a much more healthy breakfast recipe!
It's stuffed with scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese, salsa, and spinach. Four wholesome fresh ingredients wrapped in a light tortilla. Ready in less than 10 minutes.
Fast, easy, healthy and delicious!
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas:
- Oat Milk Pancakes
- Almond Milk Pancakes
- Blueberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal
- Cottage Cheese Waffles
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal with Walnuts
- Oatmeal Flax Muffins
- Spinach Egg Muffins with Feta
And you don't have to eat them only for breakfast. Craving a breakfast-for-dinner kind of night? These spinach and egg burritos are a great choice, alongside crispy bacon and fresh fruit.
More Breakfast For Dinner Ideas:
- Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Croissant Ring
- Broccoli Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burritos
- Baked Ham and Cheese Croissant
- Garden Veggie Oven Baked Omelette
🧒🏼 Make It Kid-Friendly
To make a spinach and egg breakfast, kid-friendly, make it with diced tomaotes instead of salsa.
Tear the spinach into small pieces so they are less likely to have texture issues with it. And disguise it with lots of cheddar cheese!
Please let me know what you thought about this spinach and egg breakfast burrito in the comments, and follow me on Pinterest for the latest recipes. I hope that you and your family enjoy this healthy breakfast recipe!
To make this appetizing and satisfying spinach egg burrito, you only need 5 ingredients:
- tortilla wraps
- scrambled eggs
- fresh spinach
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa or fresh tomatoes
They are made in 2 steps:
- Scramble the eggs with salt and pepper until they are cooked through
- Warm up the tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds so they are pliable. Fill each tortilla with half of the egg, half of the cheddar, and half of the spinach. Drizzle with salsa or diced tomatoes.
- Then roll the tortilla tightly, tucking in the ends as you go. Eat and enjoy
Spinach egg breakfast burritos are delicious with a side of bacon or fresh fruit.
Spinach and Egg Breakfast Burrito
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 medium tortilla wraps
- salsa or diced tomatoes
- Scramble the eggs over medium heat until cooked through.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10 seconds so they are pliable. Fill with half the egg, cheddar, and torn spinach leaves. Drizzle with salsa or chopped tomatoes.
- Roll the tortilla tightly, tucking in the ends as you go.
I hope you've enjoyed these tasty spinach and egg breakfast burritos and will add the into your healthy breakfast recipe rotation.