Air Fryer Baby Potatoes are mixed with fresh rosemary and a blend of spices, then roasted in the air fryer until crisp and creamy. This easy recipe is made in 15 minutes and is packed with flavor.
Air fryer baby potatoes are seasoned with fresh rosemary, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper, for a simple side dish that pairs well with just about any meat or fish dinner.
Simply rub them with oil, seasonings, and herbs and pop them in your air fryer. They'll come out roasted to perfection in only 15 minutes!
These incredibly addicting potatoes stay crispy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside, thanks to the magic of the air fryer.
Make them for lunch, dinner, breakfast, snacking and party appetizers.
I have this air fryer, the Instant Pot Duo Crisp, and I love it! It's awesome to be able to pressure cook part of a recipe and then finish it up in the air fryer if necessary. I also love that it's a basket type air fryer, it's so easy to clean!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
Potatoes are such a versatile side dish that they go with just about any main meal.
Ideas for air fried roasted baby potatoes:
- add them to your Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner menu
- a side for pan-seared herbed chicken or grilled lemon lime chicken
- a side for mini meatloaves
- add to dinner salads for a heartier meal
- a side for maple-glazed salmon or parmesan breaded fish
- use them in a breakfast/brunch bowl
For this recipe you'll need baby potatoes, fresh rosemary, garlic powder, and paprika.
Any baby potatoes work with this recipe, so feel free to use a mix of red, gold, and even purple potatoes.
The seasoning mix of rosemary, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper keeps this recipe simple and fresh, but still packed with flavor. It doesn't take much to make a creamy baby potato taste fantastic. Sometimes less is more.
But there are a few variations that you can make that still create a delicious rosemary and garlic roasted potato dish.
- Add grated parmesan cheese to make crispy parmesan and rosemary roasted potatoes.
- Replace the garlic powder with two or three cloves of minced fresh garlic.
- Add another tablespoon or two of fresh herbs, like parsley or thyme.
🔪 Step-By-Step Directions
This is an easy 2-step recipe.
When making air fryer baby potatoes, always make sure the potatoes and washed and fully dried before seasoning. Slice them in half and then follow these steps.
- Rub the sliced baby potatoes in olive oil. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika and rosemary. If adding other herbs or parmesan cheese, add them now. Mix until the potatoes are evenly coated with the seasoning.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil and place the seasoned potatoes inside. Set to 400 degrees and the time for 15 minutes. Shake the basket or toss the potatoes half way through.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes, washed, dried and sliced in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Rub the sliced baby potatoes in olive oil. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika and rosemary. Mix until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil and place potatoes inside. Set to 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Shake basket or toss potatoes half way through.
- Remove potatoes from basket immediately and serve with your favorite meat or fish.
Because air frying is incredibly awesome, but still a little scary for those who are new to it, let's quickly recap— and set that hesitancy aside!
Yes! You can (and should) air fry just about everything that you can bake in the oven, including baby potatoes. Rub them in a little bit of olive oil and seasonings and put in the air fryer for between 12 and 20 minutes, depending on potato size.
This is an easy recipe for beginners to the air fryer. What I love about the air fryer is that you can check on your food at any point while it's cooking. So if you're unsure of how long a food needs, just simply check on it throughout the cooking process!
I hope this easy recipe inspires you to air fry more of your favorite foods! And if you're already an air frying expert, I hope this baby potato recipe becomes part of your meal rotation.
And if you loved it, let me know in the comments below.