Blueberry Baked Oatmeal with Almond Milk is a coconut oatmeal recipe full of fresh juicy blueberries, coconut flavor, and chocolate chips. This delicious, wholesome family-friendly breakfast comes together in 1 bowl and is baked in the oven, making it an easy breakfast for big families, house guests, or lazy Sunday mornings. It's made with almond milk, coconut oil, and honey so it's dairy free and sweetened without processed sugar!
Blueberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal with Almond Milk + Coconut Oil
This blueberry coconut baked oatmeal recipe is an even healthier version of one of my family's favorite breakfasts: strawberry and raspberry baked oatmeal with almonds. Blueberry baked oatmeal contains no milk, butter, or refined sugar. It is made with healthy ingredients, like almond milk, coconut oil, pure honey, fresh blueberries, and old fashioned oats.
We stopped buying pre-sweetened and flavored oatmeal packages long long ago. A homemade bowl of oatmeal sweetened with fresh on-hand ingredients in your pantry or fridge is so much better! Blueberry coconut oatmeal is full of sweet blueberry and coconut flavor...not to mention, there's chocolate!
Chocolate for breakfast? Count me in!
Seriously, though, this one-pan baked oatmeal with almond milk is easy to make, easy to clean up, and delicious to eat! Baked oatmeal is awesome because all you need to do is mix all of your ingredients in a bowl, pour it in a casserole dish, and bake! It’s a simple, mess-free and one-bowl breakfast.
And while baked oatmeal might not look kid-friendly, it totally is! My 20 month old cannot get enough of it! Once your kids taste how sweet this protein and fiber loaded breakfast is, they'll love it too.
WHAT IS A BAKED OATMEAL CASSEROLE?
Instead of boiling oatmeal on the stove, heating it in the microwave, or soaking it in mason jars overnight, oatmeal is mixed with milk, sweeteners, spices, and mix-ins (fruits, chocolate, etc) and baked in the oven.
The flavor options are endless. Once you get down a basic baked oatmeal recipe, you can alter the ingredients to suit your preferences. A cinnamon-spiced pear and cranberry baked oatmeal is sounds delicious in the fall and a fresh berry baked oatmeal is perfect in the summer at the peak of berry season.
I hope that this baked oatmeal with almond milk becomes your go-to basic oatmeal recipe!
You can also make baked oatmeal in ramekins to make individual bowls. This can be done in the toaster oven or regular oven. Because it is disgustingly hot this week, I split it between 4 large ramekins and baked them in my toaster for 30 minutes. This way the oven didn't heat my house up!
To make blueberry coconut baked oatmeal, you will need:
- almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla, but you can use plain)
- pure honey
- old fashioned oats
- fresh blueberries
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (if not dairy free, use milk or dark chocolate)
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- shredded coconut
- melted coconut oil
*I prefer using almond milk in most of my recipes, especially vanilla milk which I use in these popular vanilla almond milk pancakes. But, you can use any type of milk.
How to Make Blueberry Baked Oatmeal with Almond Milk
Blueberry baked oatmeal with almond milk is made in 3 easy steps.
- Preheat the oven to 375° and grease a 2 qt glass baking dish with a little coconut oil. I use a glass dish that is about 9 inches by 6 inches, or 2 quarts.
- Then combine all ingredients except for ½ of the shredded coconut and the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil. Mix thoroughly and pour into the baking dish.
- Drizzle with remaining coconut oil and bake for 35 minutes. The center will slightly wiggle when done. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
To serve, you can top with extra blueberries or shredded coconut or simply eat it just as it is. It is also fantastic with a little plain Greek yogurt mixed in.
Blueberry Coconut Baked Oatmeal with Almond Milk
- 2 ½ cups almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup pure honey
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, plus more for greasing pan
- Preheat the oven to 375° and grease a 2 qt glass baking dish with a little coconut oil.
- Reserve half of the shredded coconut and 3 tablespoons of coconut oil. Combine all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the baking dish. Top with reserved shredded coconut and drizzle with coconut oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes. The center will slightly wiggle when done. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Storing Blueberry Baked Oatmeal with Almond Milk
Your yummy blueberry coconut oatmeal can be stored in the fridge, covered, all week long.
More Breakfast Recipes You Might Love
Almond Milk Pancake Bites