Breakfast is for dinner with scrambled eggs, cheddar, broccoli, onions, and tomatoes rolled into tortilla wraps. Broccoli, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burritos can be customized to include bacon, salsa, or other desired stuffings. Easy and quick to make, they are ready in just 25 minutes!
We love breakfast for dinner! Who doesn't?! These delicious broccoli egg and cheese burritos are a sure-fire way to satisfy the whole family's craving for breakfast at dinner time.
Bonus: a well-balanced breakfast for dinner that includes all the food groups! If your kids refuse to eat their broccoli otherwise, you should definitely try these.
These broccoli egg and cheese burritos are warm and filling, stuffed with cheese and bacon, plus scrambled eggs and steamed broccoli. They come together quickly, making them perfect for busy nights.
The irresistible combination of broccoli and cheese combined with the classic breakfast staple of eggs and cheese, makes this dinner a true winner.
And at only 275 calories per burrito, you won't have to feel guilty about eating that tempting oven-baked bacon either. Paired with a dose of nutrient-packed broccoli, take an extra piece and don't feel bad about it, either!
- chopped broccoli
- scrambled eggs
- diced onions
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- flour or whole wheat tortilla wraps
You can add salsa, hot sauce, salt and pepper, or other toppings if you'd like.
Making broccoli, egg, and cheese burritos is very easy.
Start by baking the bacon in the oven on a parchment-lined baking sheet at the time and temperature indicated on the package. This is usually for 12-17 minutes. At the same time, steam the chopped broccoli in a vegetable steamer for 10 minutes, or until bright green.
While the bacon and broccoli are cooking, scramble the eggs in a large pan. When done, remove the eggs, add oil to the pan and add the chopped onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
While the onions are cooking, shred the cheese and chop the tomatoes.
Now you're ready to stuff the burritos. Me and the kids like the bacon on the side and hubby likes it broken up inside his burritos. Do whatever tickles your fancy!
Broccoli Cheddar and Egg Breakfast Burritos
- 12 bacon slices
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 10 eggs
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 medium tortilla wraps
- Cook bacon in the oven according to the package. Do not flip halfway through.
- Steam broccoli for 10 minutes.
- While broccoli and bacon are cooking, spray a large pan with cooking oil and scramble the eggs. Chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Remove eggs from pan, add oil and cook the onions for 3 minutes over high heat.
- Fill tortillas with broccoli, egg, onions, cheese, and tomatoes. Bacon can be broken into pieces and added to the burrito or eaten on the side.
It takes only a few simple swaps to make these healthy broccoli, egg and cheese burritos healthier than they already are.
- use turkey bacon instead of traditional bacon or leave out the bacon entirely (we only use bacon when we have it, which isn't often)
- replace cheddar cheese with a healthier one, like feta
- use whole wheat tortilla wraps instead of flour or corn tortillas
🧒🏼 Make It Kid-Friendly
If cheesy eggs and bacon weren't enough to hide the broccoli from your picky kiddos, consider leaving it out entirely and making this a "bacon, egg, and cheese burrito". They may not get the veggies, but at least they'll get the tomatoes and eggs! It could be worse, right?!
You could also leave out the onions if they bother those tiny tummies. Although like I mentioned, the cooked onions really enhances the overall taste of this burrito. So if you can get away with keeping the onions, you totally should.
Did you try it and love? Leave me a comment and let me know!