Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks are a fun, cheesy alternative to regular pizza for a party, especially Super Bowl! They are easy and quick to make and can be made in the air fryer or the oven.
These cheesy pepperoni pizza sticks are a great appetizer, snack or party food. They are are sure to please any crowd with their gooey mozzarella cheese and zesty pepperoni slices, all rolled into yummy pizza dough.
Brush them with parmesan garlic butter and bake until golden brown and crispy– then serve with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.
These cheesy pizza sticks will satisfy your craving for pizza without all the work! They're an irresistible dipping snack or meal. And they come together in a flash, ready to eat in just 20 minutes.
They'll be a hit with the kids on a tired Friday night or get gobbled just as fast as homemade garlic knots at your next party.
Make them ahead of time and freeze them uncooked for use later. OR make and bake them now and freeze them fully prepared for an easy freezer meal later on.
It's so simple to customize pizza sticks by stuffing them with your favorite toppings, so don't feel limited to just pepperoni!
More Delicious Pizza-Inspired Recipes to Try:
Ingredients for Making Pepperoni Pizza Sticks
To make cheesy pepperoni pizza sticks, you only need 4 ingredients:
- pizza dough (or homemade pizza dough)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce (or marinara sauce with italian seasoning)
- pepperoni slices
To make the garlic parmesan butter:
- melted butter (use olive oil for a lower fat option)
- garlic cloves
- salt + parsley (or italian seasoning)
- parmesan cheese
Making pepperoni pizza sticks is super easy. It takes less than 30 minutes.
STEP 1: Roll out the pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into rectangles (between 8 and 14 depending on how big you want your sticks). I do a combination of big for the adults and small for the kids.
STEP 2: Spread out each rectangle slightly and layer with a small amount of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices.
STEP 3: Roll the long ends together and tuck in the seams.
STEP 4: Place on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet seam side down and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If making in the air fryer, cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes using the air fry setting.
STEP 5: While the pizza sticks cook, make the parmesan topping by melting the butter in a saucepan. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add in parsley and salt. Brush onto the pizza sticks and sprinkle with parmesan cheese once they're done cooking.
STEP 6: Serve warm or at room temperature with extra pizza or marinara sauce for dipping.
Yes, you can. They can be made following the same instructions if using crescent dough.
Pizza sticks best make a quick lunch or easy party snack. As a meal, they can be served with Caesar salad or Italian garden salad, chicken wings, garlic knots, and fried mozzarella. Another option is to add them to charcuterie boards (especially kid-friendly ones).
Yes! Follow the instructions above for putting the pizza sticks together and making the garlic butter sauce. Then place in the air fryer basket and air fry at 375°F for 6-8 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown. Remove from the air fryer, brush with garlic butter sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
Pizza Stick Variations
Turn your favorite pizza pie and toppings into pizza sticks. Use them in place of the pepperoni slices, mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce in this basic recipe.
Some stuffing suggestions are:
- Meatballs or sausage, pizza sauce, and mozzarella cheese
- Mediterranean pizza sticks with spinach, feta and tomato
- Tomato, mozzarella and basil
- Pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese, and spinach/arugula
- Garlic bacon and cheddar
- Ham and swiss cheese
Change the garlic parmesan butter topping by swapping out the parsley for garlic powder, italian seasoning, or oregano. For a "healthier" topping, use olive oil instead of butter.
Storing and Reheating Tips
Pizza sticks can be stored in the fridge for about 5 days. Warm in the toaster for 5 minutes or in the microwave for 1 minute.
They are freezer-friendly for about 6 months. Store in freezer bags to ensure freshness when defrosted. Defrost in the microwave or overnight in the fridge.
Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks Recipe
For The Pizza Sticks
- 1 can of pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 40 pepperoni slices
For The Parmesan Garlic Sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (or temperature indicated on your pizza dough instructions).
- Roll dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into even rectangles, between 8 and 14, depending on how big you want them.
- Layer with sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices.
- Roll up and tuck the seams to seal. Place on a baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, as indicated on pizza dough instructions, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic, salt, and parsley. Saute for 1 minute. Brush warm pizza sticks with garlic butter sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Air Fryer Method: Follow the instructions above for putting the pizza sticks together. Then place in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 375°F for 6-8 minutes, until dough is golden brown. Remove from air fryer, brush with garlic butter sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to give it a star rating and let me know what you thought in the comments! And follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!
INTERESTED IN MORE DELICIOUS PARTY RECIPES? TRY THESE:
Cheesy goodness and perfect for parties and football viewing!
these pizza sticks are so good! we enjoy every bite!
Wow! I love this Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks! a must have finger food this coming Holidays. Thanks and Merry Christmas!:)
These are the hit of the night. Everyone inhaled them!
Such a fun appetizer as so easy to make. My entire family loved them!
I made this for my kids tonight and let’s just say there were no leftovers! Great recipe!!!!!
THese are so great for a Sunday funday event. Super simple to make!