Pepperoni Pizza Sticks are a fun, cheesy alternative to regular pizza for a party, especially Super Bowl! Easy and quick to make and delicious. Enjoy these cheesy pepperoni pizza sticks with your family as a snack or with your party guests.
Pizza is always a fun meal to turn into lots of different shapes or recipes, especially when kids are involved. You can even turn pizza into bread by making cheesy pepperoni pizza bread.
Pepperoni pizza sticks make an easy snack for the family or a fun and different finger food for parties, especially New Year's or the Super Bowl.
Pepperoni, pizza sauce and mozzarella are wrapped in pizza dough and rolled up to make a long pizza stick, similar to a breadstick. They're brushed in a garlic parmesan sauce and baked til golden and crispy.
Pepperoni pizza sticks are an ultimate cheesy, pizza-flavored appetizer or finger food that you need to try.
To make the pizza sticks, you'll only need 4 things:
- a can of pizza dough (or homemade pizza dough)
- mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce
- pepperoni slices
To make the garlic parmesan topping, you'll need:
- melted butter
- garlic cloves
- salt + parsley
- parmesan cheese
The steps to making pepperoni pizza sticks are pretty simple and only take about 20 minutes.
- Roll out the pizza dough and cut into rectangles (between 8 and 14 depending on how big you want your sticks.). I do a combination of big for the adults and small for the kids.
- Spread out each dough rectangle a little bit, and layer with a small amount of pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Fold the long edges of the dough over itself and then fold the ends in to seal the stick.
- Place on a baking sheet seam side down and bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees, until golden brown.
- While they cook, make the parmesan topping by melting the butter in a saucepan. Add minced garlic, cook for 1 minute and add the herbs. When the pizza sticks are done cooking, brush with the topping.
Serve warm or at room temperature with extra pizza sauce for dipping.
Pepperoni Pizza Sticks
For The Pizza Sticks
- 1 can of pizza dough
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pizza sauce
For The Parmesan Garlic Sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Parmesan cheese, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 400° (or as indicated on your pizza dough can).
- Roll out the dough and cut into even rectangles, between 8 and 14, depending on how big you want them.
- Layer with sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperonis.
- Fold the long sides of the dough over the toppings and press down to seal. Fold the ends in and press seams to seal. Place on a baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, as indicated on pizza dough can and until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the garlic, salt, and parsley. Saute for 2 minutes. Brush warm pizza sticks with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan.
You can use this pepperoni pizza stick recipe as the base for any other pizza stick. To do it, take the "toppings" you would put on your favorite regular pizza and use them in place of the pepperoni, mozzarella, and pizza sauce.
Some suggestions are:
- pizza sauce and mozzarella
- spinach, feta and tomato
- tomato, mozzarella and basil
- broccoli, ricotta, and mozzarella
- cheddar, bacon, and chives
- ham and swiss
Pizza sticks can be stored in the fridge for about 5 days. Warm up in the toaster for 5 minutes or in the microwave for 1 minute.
And that's all there is to making pepperoni pizza sticks. I hope you enjoy them and let me know how they turn out in the comments below.