Zucchini Pizza Bites are a fun way to eat nutritious summer zucchini, a healthy pizza idea so good that you won't even miss the crust! Zucchini pizza bites are full of ooey gooey cheese and pizza sauce, so they are mouth-watering delicious. They're a fun little snack for parties and everyday snacking that the whole family will enjoy!
First things first. The pictures of these came out terrible. Don't judge these bad boys by how they look. Seriously. They are absolutely delicious.
There are no tricks to making zucchini pizza bites. The ingredients are simple and the steps are easy.
This is a healthier way to enjoy pizza, if you're looking for a low carb snack or party food.
What's more, it's kid-friendly too! Zucchini pizza bites are an easy way to get your kids to eat their veggies or eat healthier without giving up one of their favorite foods.
Just as I replaced the bread in this classic bruschetta recipe for Christmas, I am replacing the pizza dough in this recipe with cucumber too.
This recipes take just 15 minutes to make.
And just 5 minutes to eat.
Be prepared not to share.
Zucchini pizza bites are made with 4 simple ingredients:
- zucchini (and/or yellow squash)
- your favorite pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni (optional)
The steps to making this recipe are simple.
- Slice the zucchini and place on a lined baking sheet
- Top each slice with a small amount of pizza sauce
- Sprinkle with cheese (and add a pepperoni if you'd like)
- Bake them for 10-12 minutes
See those golden brown and crispy cheese edges? That is the best part. Don't let that crispy cheese go to waste!
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 2 large zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini into ¼ inch rounds and spread onto the baking sheet.
- Top with a small amount of pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Add a pepperoni if using.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
How to Store
Zucchini pizza bites are best served immediately after making. They can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, toast for about 2 minutes.
That's all there is to making these pizza bites. I’d love to hear what about you thought. Let me know in the comments below!
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to give it a star rating and let me know what you thought in the comments! And follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!
Leave a Comment