Air Fryer Garlic Knots are cooked until golden brown, then brushed with a delicious garlic butter sauce. They are an addicting, easy and quick finger food for parties, holidays, and a side dish on pizza night- ready in only 10 minutes!
I've finally turned my much-loved homemade garlic knots recipe into a quick and easy air fryer recipe! You can never go wrong with a great-tasting pizza and a side of garlic knots for dinner, parties, and evening hangouts.
Air fryer garlic knots are quick, simple, and absolutely delicious and addicting! Just like my air fried mini pizza and pepperoni crisps, they are a great addition to pizza night, pizza parties, and finger food events like the Super Bowl and New Year's Eve.
They have a prep time of less than 5 minutes and are air fried in only 7. Pizza dough is cut into slices, tied into a knot and air fried. The cooked garlic knots are then dipped into a garlic butter sauce and sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
- Pizza dough: while packaged pizza dough like Pillsbury makes this recipe really simple, you can use homemade pizza dough too.
- Fresh minced garlic: substitute with garlic powder in a pinch, with a ratio of 1 teaspoon per clove of garlic.
- Butter: for a slightly healthier version, use extra virgin olive oil.
- Dried parsley: or use three times the amount of fresh parsley.
- Parmesan cheese: these parmesan garlic knots work best with grated parmesan.
- Salt: or garlic salt for extra garlicky flavor.
- Pizza sauce: for dipping!
Kitchen Tools Needed
- Air fryer: I have 3 air fryers and garlic knots come out delicious in all of them! I have made these in my Instant Pot Duo with the air fryer lid, my Instant Omni Plus oven style air fryer and my Ultenic basket style air fryer. The Omni Plus can fit more than the basket air fryers. I prefer using it when I double or triple the recipe. My basket air fryers fit this recipe as written, so if you double it you will likely need to work in batches.
- Pizza cutter: a pizza cutter makes slicing the pizza dough quick and easy.
- Cutting board: a large cutting board makes spreading out the dough and cutting it really simple.
- Tongs: for dipping your air fried garlic knots into the garlic butter sauce.
Helpful Tips and Hints
- Use crescent dough sheets instead of pizza dough for flakier garlic knots.
- I prefer dipping the cooked garlic knots in the garlic butter sauce rather than brushing them with it. I find it a little less messy! But you can use a basting brush to coat each knot in the sauce if you'd prefer.
- This recipe makes 12 large garlic knots, but you can make 24 mini ones by cutting each slice of pizza dough in half. Mini garlic knots will cook for a few minutes less, so make sure to adjust the time.
- Freeze leftovers in freezer baggies for up to 3 months. They defrost quickly so they make a great last minute snack!
How To Air Fry Garlic Knots
STEP 1: Preheat the air fryer to 350° Fahrenheit. Lightly brush the air fryer basket with olive oil.
STEP 2: Roll out the pizza dough and cut into 12 long pieces. Separate the pieces and foldover to make one short and thick slice of dough. Tie into a knot and place into the basket.
STEP 3: Air fry for 7 minutes, or until golden brown.
*Since air fryers vary in their power, it's good practice to check on any recipe a few minutes early. Yours may need less or more time. For these garlic knots, check for doneness at the 5 minute mark and continue to cook only if the dough is not cooked through.
STEP 4: While cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salt and parsley.
STEP 5: When the garlic knots are finished cooking, dip into the garlic butter sauce using tongs. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese.
Serve warm or at room temperature with a side of pizza sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Yes! If you have frozen garlic knots, simply take them out of the package, place them in the air fryer basket and cook for 5-8 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. There is no need to defrost them before air frying.
It will take between 5 and 8 minutes to cook garlic knots in the air fryer. The timing depends on your brand of air fryer and it's strength.
It's best not to line the air fryer basket with parchment paper for this recipe. Not doing so allows the air to flow freely on all sides of the uncooked dough, which lets it cook quickly and evenly.
Garlic knots are best stored at room temperature. If stored in the fridge, the bread tends to dry out and becomes stale or crusty.
Store leftover garlic knots at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Air Fryer Garlic Knots
- 1 pizza dough package
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley or fresh
- grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 350° Fahrenheit. Lightly brush the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Roll out the pizza dough and cut into 12 long pieces. Separate the pieces and foldover to make one short and thick slice of dough. Tie into a knot and place into the basket.
- Air fry for 7 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While cooking, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and saute for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salt and parsley.
- When the garlic knots are finished cooking, dip into the garlic butter sauce using tongs. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a side of pizza sauce for dipping.