This quick and easy Air Fryer Mini Pizza recipe is a great idea for pizza night, snack time, game days, parties, and movie nights with the kids! Build-your-own mini pizza using pizza sauce, lots of cheese, and all your family's favorite toppings. Mini pizzas are air fried in only 5 minutes!
This is such an easy recipe using store bought pizza dough and pizza sauce, plus shredded mozzarella cheese and your favorite toppings! If you want to get fancy or have some time on your hands, you can make your pizza dough by hand or in a bread machine.
All it takes is cutting the dough into small circles, spreading on your sauce and adding cheese and toppings, like pepperoni, sausage, fresh veggies or whatever you'd like.
The best part is that air fryer mini pizza takes only 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook, making it a quick 10 minute dinner, snack or party food!
You can make these mini pizzas in your oven type air fryer or your basket style. I have an Instant Omni Plus oven air fryer that holds more pizza than my Ultenic basket air fryer, so most of the time I cook them in there unless I'm making a small batch. But I recommend both of these air fryers for not just cooking pizza, but everything else too.
MORE DELICIOUS PIZZA RECIPES
- Pizza dough: my favorite is Pillsbury classic crust. Substitute using pre-cut biscuit dough. Pull each biscuit in half and use each half as the pizza crust.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: or use a pizza blend.
- Pizza sauce
- Garlic butter sauce (optional): you need butter, garlic, parsley and salt to make this.
- Pepperoni: or other toppings (see below)
Other Topping Ideas
Be creative and have fun with your toppings! Try something you don't normally have on your pizza. Some ideas are:
- Tomato and fresh basil
- Extra cheese
- Green peppers
- Black olives
- Buffalo chicken and blue cheese
- Roasted garlic
- Italian sausage
- Ground sausage
- Ground beef
- Diced ham
- Broccoli and arugula
- Change up the cheese by using feta cheese
- Change up the sauce and use pesto instead of classic pizza sauce
Tips for Making Air Fryer Mini Pizzas
- Brush the air fryer basket lightly with olive oil so the dough doesn't stick. You can also sprinkle a little cornmeal on top of the oil for extra protection against stuck dough!
- Assemble the pizzas inside the basket. It will be difficult to transfer an uncooked pizza from the counter to the air fryer basket once it's put together. The toppings and cheese will fall off!
- Remove from the basket using a spatula, not tongs. But first, let them rest a minute or two in the basket or tray.
- Air frying at a high temperature will give you that classic bubbly and golden brown cheese that everyone loves on pizza!
- Use the air fryer basket or tray with the holes so that the pizza dough crisps up on the bottom and the pizza cooks evenly. Use parchment paper only if you don't want to take a chance at cheese burning to your basket. This pictures here were taken using parchment paper.
STEP 1: Spread the pizza dough flat on a cutting board. Cut into 12 circles with a cookie cutter or rim of a cup. Alternatively, cut into squares with a pizza cutter. Brush the air fryer basket or tray lightly with olive oil and place dough circles on the basket.
STEP 2: Mix the melted butter with the parsley, salt, and garlic powder. Brush the pizza dough circles with the butter sauce.
STEP 3: Add about 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce, then 1 tablespoon of cheese. Add your favorite toppings.
STEP 4: Air fry at 375° Fahrenheit and cook for 5-6 minutes, until cheese is golden brown. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
STEP 5: Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
How To Store Leftovers
Store leftovers in the fridge wrapped in aluminum foil for up to 3 days. They can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Reheat in the air fryer from the fridge for 1-2 minutes, until warmed through. Heat frozen mini pizzas directly from the freezer using the air fryer, too! Reheat directly from the freezer for 4-5 minutes to completely defrost and warm through.
It will take between 5 and 6 minutes, depending on the power of your air fryer and how golden brown you like your cheese.
Yes! It will take 4-5 minutes to heat the mini pizza thoroughly.
Yes, if you have a small enough pizza stone or a big enough air fryer! Make sure to sprinkle your pizza stone with cornmeal prior to using so the dough doesn't stick.
Using parchment paper when making mini pizzas in an air fryer is up to you. The dough may take another minute to cook through if using parchment paper.
Air Fryer Mini Pizza
- 1 package pizza dough
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 cups pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup pepperoni
- ¼ cup olives sliced
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 10 leaves basil
- Spread the pizza dough flat on a cutting board. Cut into 12 circles with a cookie cutter or rim of a cup. Alternatively, cut into squares with a pizza cutter. Brush the air fryer basket or tray lightly with olive oil and place dough circles on the basket.
- Optional: Mix the melted butter with the parsley, salt, and garlic powder. Brush the pizza dough circles with the butter sauce.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce, then 1 tablespoon of cheese. Add your favorite toppings.
- Air fry at 375° Fahrenheit and cook for 5-6 minutes, until cheese is golden brown. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to give it a star rating and let me know what you thought in the comments! And follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!
I used homemade pizza dough. Rolled very thin. Added sauce, toppings(just pepperoni)and cheese. After 5 minutes the bottom of the pizza was still uncooked. I was able to turn it over, put it back in air fryer on a perforated parchment liner and continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes. My grandson thought it was great.
my new favorite! i love using my air fryer and i love pizza! the perfect combo!
This is such a great idea! Always wanted to make a pizza in my Air Fryer! I was not aware that you can also use a pizza stone in the Air Fryer! Thanks for the tip!
I have a ninja Foodi air fryer and I’m excited to find out the capabilities of them. Pizza is definitely top of my list!
I thought I’ve air fried it all when I was visiting the rents but clearly I am missing out and never would have thought to make pizza in an air fryer! GENIUS!