On a cold and snowy night, hot chocolate charcuterie will keep everyone cozy, warm, and satisfied!
This dessert board full of sweet treats is designed to serve with hot cocoa - use some of the treats to flavor your mug of cocoa and others as dippers!
This hot chocolate charcuterie board is different from most out there. The festive snowman made of marshmallows and white chocolate chips adds excitement for kids (and adults!).
It's a great dessert board for lazy weekend days when the kids have friends over, winter birthday parties, Christmas Eve and movie nights throughout November and December.
Just gather your ingredients and arrange the board as pictured below. Serve alongside a warm crockpot of hot chocolate and enjoy!
Ingredients and Tools Needed
These are the ingredients I use for my hot chocolate charcuterie. Feel free to change them up, keeping in mind candy, sweets and cookies that pair well with hot chocolate.
- Milk chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- White and blue swirled Frozen morsels
- Jumbo marshmallows
- Mini marshmallows
- Milk chocolate peppermint pretzels
- Lebkuchen glazed gingerbread cookies
- Mini candy canes
- Chocolate nonpareils
- Cinnamon imperials
- Chocolate covered peanuts or almonds
- Peppermint bark squares
You can likely find all of these ingredients at your local grocery store in the holiday section.
Other ideas are:
- Caramel squares
- Sea salted chocolate
- Peppermint sticks
- Cinnamon sticks
- Shaved chocolate
- Whipped cream
- Peppermint whipped cream
- Crushed peppermint candy canes
- Dark chocolate chips
You'll need a large charcuterie board. I prefer a round one but a rectangle shaped board works fine too! This is one my favorite boards because the handles make it easy to carry. If you're using a board without handles, arrange the ingredients in the location you will serve it.
I also use festive plastic bowls for the small ingredients, like chocolate chips. You can find these all around during the holiday season, especially at stores like Target, Walmart, and Marshalls.
Arranging The Board
Hot chocolate charcuterie boards are so simple to make. Simply arrange your ingredients on the board according to the picture, then whip up your favorite batch of hot chocolate and serve!
- Fill the small holiday shaped bowls with the milk chocolate chips and blue and white morsels. Arrange on opposite edges of the serving board.
- Fill a small round bowl with the white chocolate chips and place at the center of the board as the snowman's head.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients on the board as pictured below, starting with the snowman in the center and working your way out to the edges.
- Serve with your favorite hot chocolate. The best way is keep it warm in a slow cooker or Instant Pot alongside the board.
Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Dessert Board
- small holiday themed bowls
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup white and blue swirled Frozen morsels
- 12 oz jumbo marshmallows
- 4 oz mini marshmallows
- 2 cups milk chocolate peppermint pretzels
- 7 oz Lebkuchen glazed gingerbread cookies
- 20 mini candy canes
- 8 oz chocolate nonpareils
- 10 cinnamon imperials
- 3 chocolate covered peanuts
- 10 oz peppermint bark squares
- Fill small holiday shaped bowls with milk chocolate chips and blue morsels. Arrange on serving board as shown.
- Fill a small round bowl with the white chocolate chips and place on the board as the snowman's head.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients on the board as pictured, starting with the snowman in the center and working your way out to the edges. Add the cinnamon imperials and chocolate chips to the snowman's face last, along with the chocolate covered peanut buttons and candy cane arms.
- Serve with hot chocolate.