An easy mashed cauliflower recipe made just like mashed potatoes. Four easy ingredients: cauliflower, butter, milk, and chives. It's ready in 20 minutes and makes a great side for chicken, beef, and fish. This versatile side dish is family-friendly and a simple way to sneak your kids their daily dose of vegetables!
Cauliflower is a much-loved vegetable in my house, along with it's green sister broccoli. Who would have thought that two kids under 5 would love these nutrient packed cruciferous vegetables?! We've made a ton of cauliflower in the past few years, and this easy mashed cauliflower is currently one of kids' favorite dinner sides.
It's made in 2 easy steps and takes only 20 minutes.
Cauliflower is an easy to cook and versatile vegetable. Eat is steamed with a little butter, salt and pepper or roasted with garlic cloves, olive oil, and onions. It works great in a stir fry and even raw on a vegetable platter. Cauliflower pairs nicely with other vegetables too, like carrots and broccoli.
Saute it, fry it, bake it, puree it, grate it, chop it. There are so many ways to eat cauliflower! And as we're doing with this easy mashed cauliflower recipe, mash it!
And let's not forget to mention it’s awesome health benefits. Cauliflower is an amazing powerhouse of health benefits and is packed with vitamin C and fiber. It’s readily available all year round and can be frozen for up to 6 months, so it’s pretty economical too.
Does cauliflower stink when it's being cooked? Yes! But the delicious outcome is worth a few minutes of stinky aroma.
If you love cauliflower, you'll also love these easy cauliflower recipes:
- Garlic Chicken and Veggie Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
- Lemon Broccoli and Cauliflower with Garlic and Red Onions
- Hidden Cauliflower Mac n Cheese
- Buffalo Cauliflower Dip Bread Bowl
mashed cauliflower ingredients
You need just 4 simple ingredients to make this easy mashed cauliflower recipe.
I'm not including salt and pepper here on my list of ingredients, because they are added to taste. You may not even need them if you just want a buttery and creamy cauliflower. We like our mashed cauliflower with a fair amount of salt and a little bit of pepper.
how to make an easy mashed cauliflower recipe
This mashed cauliflower is made in 2 simple steps.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into pieces. Steam on the stove for 15 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to a food processor and process until nearly smooth. Add salt, pepper, milk and melted butter. Process until fully smooth and creamy.
Taste, season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve garnished with chives.
Let know what you thought about this easy mashed cauliflower recipe in the comments, and follow me on Pinterest for the latest recipes. I hope that you and your family enjoy this recipe!
Simple Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- chives, to garnish
- Wash and cut cauliflower into pieces. Steam on the stove for 15 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to a food processor and process until nearly smooth. Add salt, pepper, milk and melted butter. Process until smooth.
- Serve garnished with chives.