Make Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in just 15 minutes! This recipe has only 4 ingredients and is super simple to make. Tender asparagus is wrapped in crispy bacon, with a dash of salt and pepper! It makes a quick and easy side, appetizer, or brunch dish.
While I love using my air fryer to make dinner quick and easy, I love it for crisping up vegetables and making....bacon of course! Combined, the two make amazing recipes because, well, everything tastes better with bacon.
It's super easy and savory. It's light on ingredients and big on flavor- simply sprinkle asparagus with a little salt and pepper, wrap with your favorite bacon, and air fry. You don't even need to use oil.
I use both my air fryer basket and air fryer oven type for this recipe with no adjusts to cooking time or temperature.
The main difference is how many asparagus bundles you can fit in at one time. So for smaller air fryers or basket-style ones, you may need to cook in batches.
I have the Instant Pot Duo Crisp and Instant Pot Omni Plus. While some recipes are more convenient to make in the Omni, others are easier when using the basket in the Duo Crisp. Overall I love them both, and you can easily make bacon wrapped asparagus using any style air fryer.
Along with jalapeño poppers, air fried bacon wrapped asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables to "fry" in this amazing kitchen appliance.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes You Should Try
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs (Using Fresh or Frozen)
- Air Fried Okra - Crispy Southern Style!
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
For this 4-ingredient recipe, you need only:
- Asparagus spears
You don't need oil, but you can give the asparagus spears a quick spray with cooking oil or a brush with olive oil before wrapping them in the bacon.
Although we're cooking a bacon wrapped vegetable here, it's still on the healthier side. Each bundle is low in calories, carbs, fat, and saturated fat. Plus, it's loaded with vitamin A.
First, prepare the asparagus by washing and drying it, then snapping off the ends. You should trim about ½ to 1 inch off the ends, where it begins to turn whitish in color. The ends break easily, so you can do this with your hands. A knife or scissors work too.
If your model requires preheating, do this now. Air fryer temperature should be 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 C).
Then make it in 2 easy steps.
Group the asparagus spears into bundles of 4 or 5. Wrap each asparagus bundle with 1 slice of bacon, leaving the bacon ends underneath the bundle so they are secure (and there is no need for a toothpick).
Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the air fryer basket or on the tray with space between each bundle (do not let them touch). Air fry for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like the bacon. Flip half way through (if desired, but not required).
Air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus is delicious served warm or at room temperature. This makes it not just a great side dish, but a perfect appetizer for parties, game days, or brunches.
Store in the fridge for about 3 days. The bacon will become less crispy when stored, so know that when reheating you will not get the exact same crispy bacon as you did directly out of the air fryer.
Reheat in the toaster or air fryer for 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, put on a baking sheet and warm in the oven. A microwave is not recommended.
What To Serve Bacon Wrapped Asparagus With:
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- air fryer
- 2 lbs asparagus spears
- 10 slices bacon
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- olive oil optional
- Wash, dry and trim ½ to 1 inch off of the asparagus ends.
- Preheat the air fryer (if your model requires doing so) to 400°F (204°C).
- Group the asparagus spears into bundles of 4 or 5. If using olive oil, rub the spears with a little oil. Wrap each asparagus bundle with 1 slice of bacon, leaving the bacon ends underneath the bundle so they are secure (and there is no need for a toothpick). You may not use all of the bacon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the air fryer basket or on the tray with space between each bundle (do not let them touch). Air fry for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like the bacon. Flip half way through (if desired, but not required).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Air fry bacon wrapped asparagus for 6 to 10 minutes based on how thick the asparagus and bacon are, plus how crispy you enjoy your bacon.
This side dish pairs well with salmon, crab cakes, buttered scallops, and shrimp. Steak and grilled chicken are great choices, too, as is roasted beef and corned beef hash.
- Choose asparagus that isn't too thin, nor too thick. The thickness should be somewhere in the middle. Asparagus that is too thin may cook much quicker than the bacon, leaving it burnt or overcooked.
- Choose bacon that is also in the mid-thickness range. Avoid thick cut, as it will take much longer to crisp than the asparagus needs to cook.
- As best you can, aim for using bacon and asparagus that cook to your preferred crispness and tenderness during the same cooking time for your model air fryer. You know your machine best, and if you've cooked both separately, you should have an idea of the time it will take.
- Turning the bundles half way through is optional. Not all brands will need this to cook it evenly around.
- Sprinkle some parmesan or cheddar cheese onto the bacon wrapped asparagus for a cheesy version.
- Use maple flavored bacon instead of plain for a sweet version.
- Sprinkle brown sugar onto the bacon.
- Brush with maple syrup, either with brown sugar or without, to make it even sweeter.
- Use green beans in place of asparagus to make bacon wrapped green beans.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and will let me know how it turns out in the comments below.