This quick Spinach and Feta Flatbread Pizza takes only 15 minutes from start to finish. Use fresh spinach, feta, mozzarella, and red onions on a flatbread pizza to put a unique and healthy twist on the usual pizza night.
We love flatbread pizzas for pizza night. Everyone chooses their own toppings and puts them together themselves. We love personal pizza as much as we love making a giant sheet pan nacho tray for dinner. Everyone picks a side of the tray and makes their own nachos.
Flatbread pizzas are also great for cleaning out the fridge. Pizza is so versatile that you can use mostly anything you have on hand as your toppings.
My new favorite flatbread recipe is this spinach and feta flatbread. The combination of spinach and feta makes any meal satisfying, healthy, and just a little salty and savory. With these and a few other simple ingredients and inspiration from the Mediterranean quesadilla, this flatbread was born.
To make spinach and feta flatbread pizza you need:
- Na’an bread: plain or garlic na’an style flatbread, usually a 12 ounce slice.
- Spinach: use fresh for optimal flavor, but if frozen is all you have, you can use that (always squeeze the water out of frozen spinach before using).
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Shredded mozzarella: whole milk mozzarella is preferred because it melts better than part-skim, which tends to brown more easily.
- Red onions
- Garlic slices
- Sea salt: for sprinkling at the end.
- Extra virgin olive oil: for drizzling after cooking.
Because of feta's saltiness, this recipe includes just a pinch of sea salt. Do not substitute with table salt. Coarse sea salt will add a little zing in some bites, but won't make a salty pizza like table salt would.
Making spinach and feta flatbread pizza is super easy! It takes a few minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to bake.
STEP 1: Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450° Fahrenheit.
STEP 2: Spread the mozzarella cheese on the flatbread and sprinkle with black pepper and garlic powder. Add spinach, red onions, garlic and feta cheese. You can also add a thin layer of tomato sauce to the flatbread.
STEP 3: Bake for 10-12 minutes on the preheated pan. Remove from the oven and drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
The feta will not melt much, so you'll know it's done when the mozzarella cheese begins to brown.
Spinach and Feta Flatbread Pizza
- pizza stone or baking sheet
- 1 flatbread na'an style
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup fresh spinach torn
- ½ cup red onions sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 450° Fahrenheit.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese on the flatbread and sprinkle with black pepper and garlic powder. Add spinach, red onions, garlic and feta cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on the preheated pan. Remove from the oven and drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.