Once you cook corn dogs in the air fryer, you won't go back to any other way! Air frying frozen corn dogs is the best way to turn them into crispy and delicious breaded hot dogs that don't disappoint. They make a quick meal and easy dinner, lunch or snack for the whole family, just like regular air fried hot dogs!
When corn dogs are air fried rather than microwaved or baked, the cornbread exterior turns crispy, golden and absolutely delicious. The hot dog inside is tender and juicy. Frozen foods are easy to cook using your air fryer and often take less time than cooking in the oven. I love the crispy outcome of my favorite frozen foods when they are air fried, like sweet potato fries, potstickers, shoestring french fries, chicken or beef taquitos, chicken nuggets and even frozen salmon.
These delicious corn dogs are just one of our favorite easy air fryer recipes that will guarantee you won't go back to cooking them any other way. Just like these herb seasoned baby potatoes, whole roasted sweet potatoes and parmesan-crusted asparagus will turn you into an air fryer lover for life!
Can You Put Corn Dogs In An Air Fryer?
Absolutely! I am here to show you just how simple it is to air fry a box of frozen corn dogs. This easy snack has a fairly quick cooking time and is healthier than deep frying them since you use little or no oil to air fry. The easiest way to air fry corn dogs is directly from frozen. Just unwrap the package and pop them into the air fryer! You can use a basket-style air fryer or air fryer oven of any size.
To make your air fried frozen corn dogs you only need: corn dogs. In my opinion, the best frozen corn dogs are from State Fair.
How To Cook Frozen Corn Dogs In The Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray the air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray (optional).
- Place the frozen corn dogs in the air fryer basket or wire rack (for oven style air fryers) in a single layer with space between so they do not touch. Air fry for 14-18 minutes, until corn dogs are golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165℉.
- Remove the corn dogs from the air fryer and let cool for a few minutes before serving with your favorite dipping sauce.
Best Dipping Sauces For Corn Dogs
- yellow mustard
- dijon mustard
- bbq sauce
- cheese sauce
- hot sauce (such as chile de arbol or mango habañero)
Tips from the Chef
- Air fryer cook time is dependent on your air fryer brand. Different brands cook differently so your corn dogs make take more or less time.
- For an even crispier breading use cooking spray or by basting the frozen corn dogs with extra oil before air frying.
- Have corn dog bites instead? You can air fry mini corn dogs the same way as the large ones by reducing the cooking time to 8-10 minutes.
My personal favorite brand of corn dogs is State Fair. But any brand of frozen corn dogs can be air fried so use what you love.
No, you do not need to thaw the corn dogs. If you choose to thaw them a little bit before air frying the breading may become compromised and crack open as it cooks.
It should take between 14 and 18 minutes for frozen corn dogs to air fry. Air fryer cook time depends on your appliance brand.
Wrap in aluminium foil or place in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to one week.
Yes! If you have leftover corn dogs that were kept in the fridge they will have softened. To crisp them back up, air fry for a 4-6 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until warmed through.
Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs
- Preheat the air fryer to 350℉.
- Place the frozen corn dogs in the air fryer basket or wire rack with space between so they do not touch. Air fry for 14-18 minutes, until corn dogs are golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165℉.
- Remove the corn dogs from the air fryer and let cool for a few minutes before serving with your favorite condiments for dipping.