Healthy Carrot Muffins are made with whole wheat flour, sweetened with honey, and are packed with veggies, raisins, and oats. They are incredibly moist and delicious. Mini muffins made with carrots and raisins are a fantastic way to get picky kids to eat their veggies and are a perfect breakfast on-the-go. Plus, they freeze perfectly for an easy snack or breakfast during busy weeks!
These mini healthy carrot muffins are incredibly moist and sweet! They are sweetened with honey and applesauce instead of processed white or brown sugar, making them a healthy treat that kids (and adults) love.
The first time I made these cute little healthy carrot muffins with raisins, I also baked a batch of mini chocolate chip muffins. I thought for sure that my husband and daughter would not eat a carrot muffin if they had to choose between the two.
I was dead wrong! They completely ignored the chocolate chip muffins and wanted a second serving of the carrot raisin muffins. These healthy carrot muffins are a simple way to sneak some veggies into your kids’ morning or snack time routines!
Why do we love these healthy carrot muffins? There are so many reasons.
We love muffins in my house. Muffins are eaten as a breakfast, snack or dessert. We make them jumbo, regular and mini-sized. One batch never lasts long! So I always make a second and freeze it.
Muffins freeze beautifully and defrost quickly. When I have a busy morning or am simply feeling lazy, I pop them out of the freezer and we all have a quick and easy breakfast!
These healthy carrot muffins are:
- are loved by kids
- are an easy way to sneak the kids their daily serving of vegetables
- have no overly processed sugar and are sweetened with pure honey
- are loaded with healthy ingredients like raisins, carrots, whole wheat flour, unsweetened applesauce, and oats
- can be eaten alone or with hot drinks like tea or coffee and even cold drinks like iced tea or iced coffee
- make an easy breakfast on-the-go (just make regular or jumbo sized, or eat a few minis!)
- can easily be made jumbo or regular sized instead of mini
- can be frozen for about 6 months
To make these healthy carrot muffins you'll need:
- vanilla extract
- cinnamon + nutmeg
- flour, baking powder, salt
Healthy carrot muffins are incredibly simple. They come together in 5 minutes and use only one bowl. What's better for a quick and easy clean up?!
First, spray your mini muffin tin with cooking oil or grease with butter. You can certainly use liners too.
Next, in a large bowl mix the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Make a hole (a well) in the center and add eggs, vanilla, and honey. Mix until everything is just combined. Add the applesauce, carrots, and raisins, and mix again until everything combines.
Pour the batter into the muffin tins. You can fill it nearly to the top for a nice mini bakery-style muffin top.
They take less time in a mini muffin tin and should be ready in 15-20 minutes. If you use a regular or jumbo tin, you'll need to extend cooking time by 5-10 minutes. You'll know your muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean.
Serve and enjoy!
Healthy Carrot Raisin Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400° and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the center and add eggs, vanilla, and honey. Mix together the dry and wet ingredients until just combined.
- Add applesauce, carrots, and raisins. Mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into the muffin tins, filling each hole nearly to the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until toothpick in the center comes out clean.
🍲 Serving and Storing
Store these healthy carrot muffins in an airtight bag for about 2 days at room temperature. Any longer than that and you should store them in the freezer. They will last in the freezer for around 6 months.
That’s all you need to know about making these healthy carrot muffins! If you’ve made them, let me know what you thought in the comments below.