This easy Mango Pico de Gallo recipe uses just 5 whole and fresh ingredients and is family-friendly. Mango salsa is sweet and refreshing and a perfect dip for salty chips. Use it as a topping for rice bowls, tacos, grilled meats and fish or as a stuffing in burritos and lettuce wraps.
It's sweet, juicy, and refreshing and flavored with the seasonings of traditional salsa— salt, lime juice, and cilantro. Mango pico de gallo is wonderful when served simply as an appetizer dip for salty chips or pitas. But it's even more magical when used as a topping for grilled steaks, chicken, or fish on a warm summer evening.
Serve as a dipping salsa for salty tortilla chips or fried plantains, a topping for Caribbean-style white rice bowls or tacos, a filling for burritos and wraps, or a topping or lettuce wraps.Any way you serve it, mango pico de gallo is a sweet addition to any meal and a welcomed twist on traditional tomato salsa.
This mango pico de gallo is made with only 5 fresh and whole ingredients:
- red onion
- lime juice: use juiced limes for the freshest taste, but bottled juice is okay too
It's made in 2 simple steps that take no more than 10 minutes.
- Chop the cilantro and dice the onions and mangos.
- Toss with the lime juice and salt.
And that's it! Taste and add more salt and lime juice if you desired.
If you're not sure how to cut a mango, you can watch this video. It's so easy once you see someone else do it!
How to Store
This salsa is best when eaten fresh or within 2 days of making. It travels well so it's ideal for picnics and summer barbecues, especially Memorial Day or 4th of July parties.
Mango Pico de Gallo
- 2 mangos
- 1 small red onion
- ⅓ cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dice the mangos and red onion.
- Chop the cilantro and combine with mango and onion.
- Toss with the lime juice and salt. Taste and adjust salt and lime juice as necessary.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Use as a dip for chips or a topping for tacos, lettuce wraps, burritos, or rice bowls.