Make this delicious Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Dip loaded with bacon, cream cheese and cheddar cheese for your next gathering! Make in your slow cooker for 2 hours, then easily keep it warm all party long.
This crockpot jalapeno popper dip is loaded with flavor, creaminess, cheese and bacon! It's tastes just like a cheesy jalapeno popper except without the fuss of stuffing all those peppers.
Crock pot dips are perfect for entertaining. The slow cooker keeps your creamy jalapeno cheddar dip warm for as long as you need it. It's the best way to keep dips warm throughout parties and game day gatherings.
This jalapeno popper dip is made with my favorite homemade dip ingredients- cream cheese and sour cream. Plus lots of cheddar cheese, fresh jalapeños and bacon to give it a cheesy, smokey and spicy taste.
You control the level of heat in this jalapeno dip- use the seeds for lots of spice or completely deseed the jalapenos for a mild version. Plus, not only is this easy dip loaded with tasty bacon and melted gooey cheese, it's low carb so it's perfect for keto diet followers, too (just watch your choice of dippers).
If you can't get enough of the jalapeńo, cheddar, bacon combo like me make sure to check out my cheddar jalapeño bread and most popular dinner recipe- cheddar jalapeno chicken next!
Jalapeños: use fresh jalapenos with or without their seeds and only use jarred jalapenos in a pinch.
Cream cheese: a block of cream cheese cut into cubes is what we're using. Mascarpone or neufchatel cheese are good alternatives.
Shredded cheese: I love cheddar cheese when making this dip, but a Mexican cheese blend and Monterey Jack cheese taste fantastic also.
Sour cream: an alternative is plain Greek yogurt if you're not a fan of sour cream.
Bacon: technically bacon is optional here but is highly encouraged! The bacon needs to be cooked either while the dip is in the slow cooker or before. It's only added to the dip at the end.
Cilantro: fresh cilantro is added at the end of cooking to give it an herby kick.
Making crockpot jalapeno popper dip is simple.
STEP 1: Wash the jalapenos and cut off their stems. Remove the seeds (wearing gloves) and dice. Put 8 ounces of cubed cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream, 2 cups shredded cheese, the 4 diced jalapenos and 3 teaspoons of minced garlic into the slow cooker. Set to low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
STEP 2: Break the cooked bacon slices into bits and add to the cooked dip along with the chopped cilantro. Mix it well and set to "keep warm" while serving.
Extra fresh cilantro leaves, shredded cheese and bacon pieces can be added to the top as a garnish if desired.
What To Serve With Jalapeno Popper Dip
Serve with your choice of dippers, like crunchy tortilla chips, crispy pita chips, celery, carrots, and crackers. Pretzel sticks, bite-sized naan bread and sliced bell peppers make great dippers too.
- Stir the dip about every 30 minutes. This will keep the cheeses from burning and sticking to the sides of the crock pot.
- Using a 3 quart crock pot is ideal for entertaining but it can be made in any size slow cooker.
- Jalapeno dip is also delicious sprinkled with crushed crackers as a finishing touch!
- For a mild version, completely remove the seeds from the jalapenos and for a spicy version, leave lots of seeds in the peppers. The fresher the jalapenos, the spicier and more flavorful they are so make sure you're using jalapenos that are not old or past their prime.
- Wear gloves to remove the seeds from the jalapenos, as touching the seeds with bare hands can result in burns.
- If you've made it ahead of time and stored it in the fridge or freezer, put the chilled dip into your slow cooker and turn on "keep warm". It will take about 30 minutes for the dip to warm up enough for serving.
Delicious Variations and Additions
There are lots of tasty variations to crockpot jalapeno popper dip. Here are a few that we've tried and loved.
Make it even spicier: toss in a handful of green chiles, extra jalapeno seeds or a diced habanero to spice it up. A bit of cayenne pepper or tajin seasoning also adds spice.
Add chicken: shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover seasoned chicken would be perfect.
Add vegetables: a can of sweet corn is delicious here, as are black beans and scallions.
Make it vegetarian: leave out the bacon and add corn to make vegetarian jalapeno popper dip.
You shouldn't try to speed things up by using the high setting. If the cheese cooks too quickly at too high of a heat it will burn on the bottom and sides of the crockpot. If you want to
This dip will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Store in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
If you want to make it more than 5 days ahead of your event, store it in the freezer using freezer safe storage bags or containers. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge the night prior.
Yes, it's easy to make on the stove too. Saute the diced jalapenos and garlic for a few minutes, then add the sour cream and cream cheese, cooking until melted. Add the shredded cheese and mix it good. Stir in the bacon bits and cilantro and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to give it a star rating and let me know what you thought in the comments! And follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!
Crockpot Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 4 jalapeños diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded, *or Mexican cheese
- 3 teaspoon garlic minced
- 4 slices cooked bacon diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro torn
- Wash the jalapenos and cut off their stems. Remove the seeds if desired (wearing gloves) and dice.
- Put cubed cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, diced jalapenos and minced garlic into the slow cooker. Set to low for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Break the bacon slices into bits and add to the cooked dip along with the chopped cilantro. Mix it well and set to "keep warm" while serving. Extra fresh cilantro leaves, shredded cheese and bacon pieces can be added to the top as a garnish if desired.
Leave a Comment