Buffalo Chicken Bites are an irresistible finger food for your next party. They are a great way to use up leftover buffalo chicken dip. Buffalo Chicken dip is wrapped in pizza dough, brushed with seasoned butter, and baked for a guaranteed mouthwatering party platter.
If you plan on making buffalo chicken dip this winter for New Year's, football game days or the Super Bowl, it's likely you'll be making a big batch.
Repurpose some of the buffalo dip to make these quick and easy buffalo chicken bites. Or, use the leftover dip the next day to make a fun snack.
Buffalo dip is wrapped in pizza dough and brushed with an herbed butter sauce. Baked in the oven for 12 minutes, they turn into a soft and scrumptious buffalo bite.
A perfect finger food addition to parties, especially the Super Bowl.
To make buffalo chicken bites you need:
- leftover/extra buffalo chicken dip
- pizza dough
- salt, parsley, and garlic powder
I find the best pizza dough is a classic dough versus a thin crust. If you're feeling really motivated, you can even make a homemade pizza dough.
What if I don't have leftover buffalo chicken dip? If you don't have leftover buffalo chicken dip, mix cooked shredded chicken with buffalo sauce, mozzarella and some sour cream. Then follow the recipe as written.
There are 3 steps to making buffalo chicken bites.
First, roll your dough out and cut into 2 inch squares. This should give you about 24 squares.
Then spoon about 1 tablespoon of buffalo chicken dip onto the square.
Fold the opposite corners onto each other.
Now press all of the seams together so the dip is secure inside. Flip so the seams are down and roll into a ball. Be gentle here, as the dough will be thin and could rip if you are too rough.
Last, melt the butter and mix in salt, parsley, and garlic powder. Brush each dough ball with the butter.
Bake for 12 minutes (or more/less depending on your dough's instructions). They will be golden brown when done.
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 1 ½ cups buffalo chicken dip
- 1 package pizza dough
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp parsley
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450° and grease a baking sheet.
- Roll out dough onto baking sheet and cut into 24 two-inch squares.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of buffalo dip onto each square. Fold the opposite corners to each other so they overlap. Press the seams together, flip over so seam is down, and shape gently into a ball.
- Combine melted butter, salt, garlic powder, and parsley. Brush onto dough balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with ranch or blue cheese for dipping.
These are best served warm or at room temperature. They can be eaten with or without sauce. Ranch and blue cheese are perfect for dipping anything coated in buffalo sauce.
🧒🏼 Kid-Friendly Tips
Even though these are a little spicy, you can make them kid-friendly by using a mild buffalo sauce in your dip or encouraging dipping with lots of ranch or blue cheese dressing.
But even so, because the pizza dough will puff up a bit and is seasoned with a very flavorful butter, the heat is somewhat tamed.
If you want to ensure that your bites are kid-friendly or you'd like to make bites that aren't buffalo-flavored, try these combinations:
- mozzarella, pizza sauce, pepperoni
- mozzarella, cheddar, pizza sauce
- ham, swiss, ranch
- spinach, feta, mozzarella, tomato sauce
- leftover spinach artichoke dip
- shredded BBQ chicken and cheddar