Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a must have for parties! None is complete without this delicious combination of shredded chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and spicy buffalo sauce. You can tone down the heat with mild buffalo sauce or amp it up with hot buffalo sauce.
No party is complete without buffalo chicken dip, especially winter parties like New Year's and Super Bowl.
This creamy, easy dip is incredibly tasty and simple to make. It only takes 15 minutes and uses a combination of simple ingredients. It's a must have dip, and is one of my favorites along with jalapeno cheddar dip and homemade salsa roja. You can even use the leftover sauce from my cheddar jalapeno chicken recipe as a dip for tortilla chips!
This easy buffalo chicken dip is made with:
- Buffalo sauce
- Shredded chicken
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Chives to garnish
Some recipes include onions or garlic, but my favorite buffalo dips are kept simple, without having to cook any ingredients prior to mixing them into the dip.
Buffalo chicken dip is easily made in only 4 steps.
First, shred the rotisserie chicken and add it to a pan with the sour cream, cream cheese, and olive oil.
Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until everything is blended and the cream cheese and sour cream are melted.
Next, add the buffalo sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook about another 5 minutes stirring constantly until all ingredients are well blended.
Remove from the heat and taste. Add additional salt, pepper, or buffalo if you'd like.
Now add the mozzarella cheese, half at a time. You may not need the full amount. I usually put a little less than a cup, depending on how big my chicken is.
Mix it well until the cheese is melted.
Garnish with chopped scallions and you are ready to serve!
- You can use canned chicken in place of the rotisserie, but I think the rotisserie gives it more flavor. You can also boil chicken breasts and shred them with forks.
- The intensity of the buffalo sauce depends on you! I like to keep it a comfortable spice, so I go with a medium heat sauce. But a mild sauce might be better if you are serving this to children. Of course you can use a hot or extra hot too!
- Instead of using sour cream, use ranch dressing.
- Replace the mozzarella cheese with cheddar (white, yellow, or a combination).
- Garnish with chives instead of scallions.
- Replace the chicken with cauliflower and make buffalo cauliflower dip.
This easy dip can be served with a variety of vegetables and breads:
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
- potato chips
- tortilla chips
- pita chips
- pretzel twists or sticks
- naan dippers
Leftover Chicken Dip
Not sure what to do with leftover buffalo chicken dip? Here are some delicious suggestions.
Make buffalo chicken poppers, which are absolutely amazing and addicting. To make buffalo chicken poppers, roll the leftover dip inside small squares of pizza dough. Then brush with garlic butter sauce and bake.
You can also use leftover dip in these ways:
- Make a buffalo chicken wrap with lettuce and ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Make a buffalo chicken pizza. Add extra mozzarella and to a pizza crust and top with dip, sweet peppers, and red onions.
- Make a buffalo chicken salad. Top a big bowl of chopped romaine with the dip, mozzarella cheese, and ranch dressing.
- Make a buffalo chicken stromboli. Layer half of a pizza dough rectangle with buffalo sauce, mozzarella, and dip. Fold in half and press the ends together. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Freeze it for later.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- In a large pan, combine rotisserie chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, and olive oil. On medium heat, mix until combined well and cream cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Add the buffalo sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Continue cooking until all ingredients are distributed evenly, about 5 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and taste. Add more salt, pepper, and buffalo sauce if desired. Add mozzarella cheese, ½ cup at a time (you may not need it all). Stir until cheese is melted and stringy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with chopped scallions. Serve with celery, carrots, and chips for dipping.