In less than 15 minutes, you can have this easy and delicious Air Fryer Kielbasa and Peppers ready to serve. Made with kielbasa, green bell peppers, onion, and more. This simple recipe is guaranteed to please!
Kielbasa and peppers is a classic combination of simple, wholesome ingredients packed with big flavor. When cooked together in the air fryer, it lends a sweet roasted vegetable taste to the peppers and onions mixed with a tender, smoky sausage flavor. This smoky sweet duo is hard to beat when you're looking for a hearty, delicious and healthy one pan air fryer meal!
Not only is air fried kielbasa, peppers and onions incredibly delicious, it's incredibly quick and simple to prepare. It's the more hearty version of basic air fryer kielbasa.
You can have this easy dinner on the table in 15 minutes from start to finish- 5 minutes of preparation and less than 10 minutes of cooking time is all you need!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Polska kielbasa: use any variety of Polish sausage or another precooked sausage, like fully cooked Italian sausage, bratwurst and even hotdogs!
- Green bell pepper: red and yellow bell pepper are great additions also.
- Sweet onion: yellow onion is great too.
- Garlic cloves: avoid using minced garlic, as it's small size will cause it to burn.
- Salt and pepper: technically optional for additional seasoning.
- Olive oil: this helps to give the peppers and onions a roasted taste, but if you'd prefer an oil-free recipe, you can skip it.
Step By Step Instructions
STEP 1: Slice the kielbasa into ¼ inch pieces. Toss the sliced onions and peppers, mashed garlic cloves, and kielbasa pieces with the olive oil. Put into the air fryer basket and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.
STEP 2: Air fry at 400°F/204°C for 7-9 minutes, tossing or shaking the basket halfway through cooking.
Serve air fryer kielbasa and peppers on it's own or tossed with pasta, rice, quinoa, or couscous.
Cooking Tips and Facts
- Temperature: 400 degrees Fahrenheit / 204 degrees Celsius
- Time: 7-9 minutes total, tossing halfway through for even roasting.
- Storing: store air fried kielbasa and peppers for up to 5 days in the fridge. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- This recipe makes crispy peppers. For softer peppers, add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- For best results, use your air fryer basket with the holes and not the solid tray that comes with oven style air fryers.
- Every air fryer is different and cooks at varying speeds. For the first time cooking any recipe, get to know your air fryer by constantly checking in on the food and monitoring the results. Your air fryer may need more or less time than mine.
Air Fryer Kielbasa and Peppers
- Slice the kielbasa into ¼ inch pieces. Toss the sliced onions and peppers, mashed garlic cloves, and kielbasa pieces with the olive oil. Put into the air fryer basket and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- Air fry at 400°F/204°C for 7-9 minutes, tossing or shaking the basket halfway through cooking. (Hint: when finished, lift up the tray and make sure to gather any garlic and onions that slipped through. It's all edible and extremely delicious!)
- Serve on it's own or tossed with pasta, rice, quinoa, or couscous.