Strawberry Lemon Bread is a super moist and perfectly lemony bread recipe. It's made with fresh chopped strawberries, fresh squeezed lemons, and lemon zest. A delicious summer snack or treat!
Strawberry Lemon Bread is a super moist and refreshing bread filled with juicy strawberries and tangy lemon. This delicious bread is incredibly moist and packed with sweet strawberry flavor. Lemon juice and lemon zest give it a refreshing tangy taste, making it a perfect summer dessert.
When the summer farmer markets fill with ripe seasonal fruits, it's the perfect time for making lots of fruity breads, muffins, and snacks. Lemon bars with a soft-baked crust and tasty fruit-filled muffins are perfect to take on picnics and to pool parties and barbecues.
To make this strawberry lemon bread, you need:
- fresh strawberries
- freshly squeezed lemons and grated lemon zest
- all purpose flour
- white sugar
- ground ginger
- salt + baking powder
- olive oil
- vanilla extract
Here are some simple substitutions if you are missing an ingredient from the list.
- Replace the olive oil with butter or coconut oil
- Use flax eggs instead of regular eggs
- Replace cow's milk with plain or vanilla almond milk, or use homemade buttermilk
- Use cinnamon or nutmeg instead of ginger
- Replace the white sugar with brown sugar
- Replace some of the strawberries with blueberries for an extra fruity sweet bread!
Lemon bread recipes are delicious with not only ginger, but with nutmeg or cinnamon, or a combination of both.
They are also fantastic with a variety of fruits, so feel free to add another berry, like blueberries or raspberries to the batter.
Just make sure to keep your chopped fresh fruits at no more than 1 ½ cups for every 2 cups of flour when making quick bread.
Strawberry lemon bread is a 3 step recipe:
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. This is the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and ginger.
- Make a hole in the center and add the milk, eggs, vanilla extract, olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix to incorporate into the dry ingredients.
- Add the strawberries and fold into the batter.
Last, pour the batter into a greased bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. The time depends mostly on your oven, so check if it's done by inserting a toothpick into the center.
The bread will be a beautiful golden brown on the top, with bright red plump strawberries peeping through. The toothpick will come out clean when finished.
Serve strawberry lemon bread with whipped cream or cool whip, or toasted with a dab of butter or cream cheese.
Counter Storage: keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Fridge Storage: keeps in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
Freezer Storage: store in a freezer baggie for around 6 months.
Strawberry Lemon Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and ginger.
- Make a hole in the center and add the milk, eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray or grease well with butter. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let rest for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Follow steps 1-4 above. Preheat to 350° F on the bake setting if your air fryer has one. If your air fryer does not have a preheat setting or a bake setting, skip this step.
- Spray pans with cooking spray. Fill halfway with the batter and follow the times below for cook times.Mini loaf pans: 10-15 minutes, check at the 10 minute mark. This recipe makes 4.Mini bundt pan: 20 minutes. This recipe makes 2.Silicone cups: 5-7 minutes, check at the 5 minute mark. This recipe makes 24.
- Remove from the air fryer and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.