Super cute and super fun Mini Easter Cheesecakes are made in jars in the Instant Pot. They're made in only 7 minutes and decorated with green coconut "grass", a bunny peep, and chocolate eggs. Easter candy makes these a beautifully colored Easter cheesecake recipe for the dessert table.
How fun are these mini Easter cheesecakes turned into Easter Bunny gardens!?
Such a beautiful, colorful, and fun Easter dessert to add to your menu. The kids will love them! The adults will love them! They'll be a hit year after year.
These cheesecakes are made in jars to create individual servings. The recipe here makes 6 mini cheesecakes. Double, or triple it to make even more!
The cheesecake filling is made with just 5 ingredients and you can include a graham cracker crust or leave it out.
Dye sweetened coconut shreds with green food coloring, and gather milk chocolate Easter egg candies and bunny peeps and you have a super cute mini Easter cheesecake in the just the right size!
More Fun Easter Desserts:
- No Bake Cheesecake Bites: Coconut Easter Bunny Tails
- Easter Egg Hunt Pudding Cups
- Bunny Paw Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Carrots
- soft cream cheese
- room temperature eggs
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- coconut shreds and green food coloring
- mini chocolate eggs
There are a few ways to make mini cheesecakes. Either with the crust on the bottom like a traditional cheesecake, crustless, or the crust on top of the filling.
Putting the crust on top of the filling is my favorite way. It completes the Easter Bunny garden by looking like "dirt" under the coconut grass!
I use my basic recipe for mini Instant Pot cheesecakes in mason jars. If you don't have small 4 ounce mason jars, you can use ramekins or another oven safe mug. You can find mason jars in a craft store like Michaels or Amazon. I use these.
The full instructions for making mini cheesecake in the pressure cooker are here.
Here's how to do it:
- Make the graham cracker crust if using. Mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and white sugar. Put in the bottom of the glass jars (or save for the top).
- Make the cheesecake filling. With an electric hand mixer, beat softened cream cheese and sugar until it's smooth. Add lemon juice and vanilla extract and beat again. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs for a minute and then add them to the batter. Beat on low speed just to incorporate them.
- Pour the batter into the mason jars, filling nearly to the top. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of the crust if adding crust now. Cover with the lid but do not twist it shut. If you jars don't have lids, cover with foil.
- Put 1 ½ cups of water into the Instant Pot. Put in the trivet and arrange the mason jars on the trivet. You'll fit between 6 and 7 jars. Close the pressure cooker lid with the vent to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. Allow a full natural release.
- Remove the cheesecakes to the counter carefully. Immediately take off the lids. Let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. They may be a little puffy or split when first taken out, but letting them sit at room temperature will help them settle and flatten.
- While cooling, make the coconut grass by mixing coconut shreds with a few drops of green food coloring.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top of the cooled cheesecakes, followed by a bunny peep and chocolate eggs.
Mini Easter Cheesecake (Instant Pot Recipe)
- pressure cooker
- electric hand mixer
- 4 ounce mason jars, ramekins, silicone molds, or oven-safe mugs
For Cheesecake Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- green food coloring
- 6 bunny Peeps
- 18 mini chocolate eggs
For Crust (optional)
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Make the crust (if using) by crushing the graham crackers and mixing with the sugar and melted butter. Press 1-2 tablespoon down into the jars if putting at the bottom or reserve to use on the top.
- Make the filling. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on high speed until blended. Add the lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs. Add to the cream cheese filling and blend on low speed for about 1 minute.
- Scoop the batter (it will be thick) into the jars on top of the crust. Fill to nearly the top, to the bottom of the rim where the lid locks into place. If putting the crust on top, place about 1-2 tablespoons on top of the batter and press down gently.
- Put the lids on the jars loosely (don't twist them shut) or cover with foil. Add 1 ½ cups of water to the inner pot. Insert a trivet and place the jars on the trivet. Lock the pressure cooker lid with the venting seal up. Set to high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When done, allow a full natural release. Carefully remove the jars using an oven mitt or tongs. Immediately remove the lids and let the cheesecakes cool to room temperature on the counter. They may appear puffy or cracked but slowly allowing them to come to room temperature will reduce this.
- While cooling, mix the shredded coconut with a few drops of green food coloring until the desired shade of green has been achieved. Add coconut to the tops of the cheesecake, along with 3 chocolate eggs and a bunny Peep.
- use room temperature eggs and beat them into the batter on low speed last
- use cream cheese that is very soft to avoid clumping (warm in the microwave for a few seconds if it's hard)
- always cover the cheesecakes with lids or foil while they pressure cook
- always allow a natural release
- always cool on the counter to avoid sinking tops (this will also let any cracks fall slightly and mold back together)
How to Store
Always keep cheesecake in the fridge, covered, after it's come to room temperature. It will store well for 1 week.
Remove the chocolate and peep from the leftover cheesecake prior to storing.
If making the cheesecakes in advance, store them in the fridge after they've come to room temperature. Decorate before serving.
💡 Tip: If you transfer hot cheesecakes to the fridge immediately after removing from the Instant Pot, the tops will sink. Always allow to come to room temperature before chilling.
If you enjoyed making these Easter cheesecakes, let me know in the comments below. I'd love to hear how they turned out!