If you're looking for an easy, fun Easter dessert recipe that involves no baking and not a lot of time, then Chocolate Covered Strawberry "Carrots" are for you! A fun treat to make with your children. You don't have to save these for the Easter dessert table either. They are great to leave out as Easter Bunny treats for that hard working, up-all-night bunny!
We are not big on a fancy Easter dinner, in fact we often joke about how boring Easter dinner food can be. For us it’s about the dessert.
Today we made this fun Easter dessert by covering juicy strawberries in white chocolate and sprinkling them with orange sprinkles so they look like carrots.
These white chocolate carrots" are a healthish, cute and fun Easter dessert for the kids and adults. You can also make white chocolate covered pretzel sticks or white chocolate covered mini pretzels and decorate them with pastel Spring colors.
You only need 3 ingredients to make your white chocolate covered strawberry carrots.
- a dozen strawberries
- a cup of white chocolate chips
- orange sprinkles
Why do I use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate? I use white chocolate because it hardens faster than milk chocolate and it stays harder at room temperature. You'll likely need to keep milk chocolate covered treats in the fridge to prevent them from melting, especially if it's warm.
🔪 Step-By-Step Directions
White chocolate covered strawberry carrots take no more than 15 minutes, if that, to make.
Here are the steps:
- In a microwavable glass bowl, heat the white chocolate chips for 60-90 seconds in 20 second intervals. Stir between each interval and stop once they have just melted. If you overheat them, they will burn and you'll need to start over with new chips.
- Then dip each strawberry into the melted white chocolate and turn it to fully coat the strawberry. Lay the strawberry on wax or parchment paper and sprinkle with orange crystal sprinkles. Do this 4 strawberries at a time, otherwise the chocolate will harden before you add the sprinkles and they won't stick well.
Let them cool on the counter or in the fridge for 5-10 minutes before serving.
💭 Expert Tips
- Choose strawberries that are long and narrow or gradually get fatter at the tops so they look like real carrots.
- Choose strawberries with plentiful green stems.
- Reheat the chocolate if it begins to harden before you finish covering all strawberries.
You can read about how to melt chocolate in this post if you are unsure. It's really not difficult, but you just need to get the timing right.
White Chocolate Covered Strawberry Carrots
- 1 dozen strawberries, washed and dried
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- orange crystal sprinkles
- Melt the white chocolate in 20 second intervals, stirring between, until completely melted. This takes between 60 and 90 seconds.
- Dip each strawberry into the chocolate and roll to cover completely. Place on parchment paper and sprinkle with orange crystals. Do this 4 strawberries at a time.
- Let cool on the counter or in the fridge for 5-10 minutes before serving.
And that is all there is to making this fun Easter dessert! Let me know how much you loved it in the comments below.