This Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts and Cranberry is super moist, super easy, and super delicious! Add all ingredients to the bread pan and watch it bake while you relax! This pumpkin bread is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and a must-have addition to your everyday baking.
Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread has easily become one of my new favorite bread machine recipes, a must for your fall and holiday baking.
While cleaning out the deep freezer I found two 32 ounce containers of homemade pureed pumpkin from last year. I had completely forgotten about roasting those sweet pumpkins from our porch rather than throwing them away, and then pureeing them and freezing to use later.
And seriously, it is so easy to make this pumpkin bread. It's made using the quick bread function on the bread machine. All you need to do is add the ingredients to the pan and wait 90 minutes for it to do the dirty work. You get scrumptious pumpkin bread and you barely had to lift a finger.
You will need a bread machine to make your pumpkin bread. I have a Cuisinart Automatic Bread Maker. If you have a different brand, it’s important to read the instructions so you know the order your ingredients should go in.
My recipe here is for the order that Cuisinart recommends for their machines and yours might be different. You can still follow my recipe, but change the order that you add the ingredients to the pan.
While a bread machine is a pricey purchase, it is well worth it! My machine is well-used and loved and will be for years to come.
⭐️ Advantages of a Bread Machine
Why do I love making bread in the bread machine? It’s so simple! Especially when you use the quick bread function like this recipe does. It's just a matter of adding all ingredients to the pan, pressing start, and waiting.
If you cook with your kids frequently, the bread machine is a great tool to teach them to use. If your kids are like my daughter, they’ll be fascinated as they watch the ingredients mix together to form a dough.
It’s a great science and STEM activity for days at home. It's also a relatively safe kitchen tool, as there are no sharp pieces. All kids need to do is add ingredients to one attached bowl. There’s little chance they’ll knock anything over or spill any ingredients.
To make this tasty bread machine pumpkin bread with walnuts and cranberry, you will need:
- olive oil (or coconut oil)
- fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- eggs (or flax eggs)
- brown sugar
- all purpose flour
- cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice (or a pumpkin spice blend)
- baking powder
- crushed walnuts
- dried cranberries (optional)
This pumpkin bread tastes best with dried cranberries but if you don't have them on hand or don't like cranberries, it is still delicious without them. It just won't have that zing that cranberries give to a recipe.
Additionally, I have made this once with coconut oil and once with olive oil. I prefer olive oil because I think it finishes with a more moist and chewy center.
With coconut oil the taste of coconut was not that strong but the texture was a little more "liquidy" rather than "cakey".
🧒🏼 Kid-Friendly Tips
While bread machine pumpkin bread is basically kid and baby friendly, your kids may not be used to walnuts.
Big chunks of walnuts are pretty easy to chew (they soften as cooked). But if you have babies who are just learning to chew with new baby teeth, they may still be too hard. To avoid this problem, smash the walnuts with a meat masher until they are in tiny pieces.
Making pumpkin bread in a bread machine requires just a few easy steps:
- Spray the bread pan with cooking oil. Add all ingredients in the order they are listed. If you haven’t already, secure the pan to the machine. Select the quick bread function and press start. As the batter kneads, scrape the flour that sticks to the sides down into it.
- When the machine beeps, the kneading cycle is over. You can remove the kneading paddle now (or once the bread has baked). Sprinkle additional walnuts on top if desired.
- Once the baking cycle is complete, transfer the pumpkin bread to a wire rack to cool for 30 minutes before slicing. If you did not remove the kneading paddle earlier, remember to remove it now before slicing.
And that's all there is to it! Now relax and enjoy your super tasty bread machine pumpkin bread!
Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts and Cranberry
- 3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅓ cup walnuts, crushed
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- To the bread machine pan, add all ingredients in the order listed.
- Set to "quick bread" function and press start, While in the kneading stage, scrape the sides of the pan with a spatula to incorporate all flour into batter.
- When baking cycle is complete, transfer bread to a wire rack to cool. Carefully remove the kneading paddle, cut into slices and serve.
🍲 Serving and Storing
Serve bread machine pumpkin bread plain or toasted with butter as a snack, for breakfast, or with your coffee and tea. It’s also delicious toasted and drizzled with a little honey.
Freshly baked pumpkin bread should be stored in an airtight baggie or container for about 3 days at room temperature. You can also keep it in the fridge for about a week. Bread is perfect for storing in the freezer if you have extra. It’ll keep for 6 months to a year and defrosts quickly when needed. Cut into slices before freezing.
That is all about this bread machine pumpkin bread with walnuts and cranberry! If you made it let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear what you thought.