This healthy & simple Beef Broccoli Noodles Bowl is a one pot meal that's ready in only 20 minutes and full of incredible flavor. It uses basic ingredients: soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, oil, garlic, beef, broccoli, and quick-cooking Ramen noodles. Skip the take-out tonight and make this family-friendly beef broccoli noodles recipe that everyone will love!
Today I am going to tell you how to make incredibly tasty, quick and easy beef broccoli noodles. My house loves noodles! Who doesn't?? We love all kinds of yummy, squishy noodles: mac n cheese noodles, spaghetti noodles, chicken soup noodles, cheesy noodles. Noodles, noodles, noodles!
I know that when my meal is centered around noodles, there probably won't be leftovers.
And I certainly won't hear "mommy, I don't like this". That's always a win. In fact, the last time I made noodles, my four-year old told me "Mommy, I love you. Everything you make is so delicious." Oh, my melting heart! (but she forgets about all those nights she wont eat.)
If you love noodles too, you'll enjoy this 15-minute homemade Ramen noodle soup or the best-you'll-ever-have classic homemade chicken noodle soup (for the slow cooker AND the stove top!).
Ingredients in Beef Broccoli Noodles
This beef broccoli noodles recipes using 8 pretty simple ingredients. You probably have most in your pantry or fridge already. You'll need:
- Ramen noodles: I buy the 3oz packages of Ramen and discard the seasoning packets
- stir-fry beef strips: beef already cut into strips is easiest, but you can buy a whole roast and cut it yourself
- frozen, steamable broccoli: I like to use frozen steam-in-bag because they are already chopped, so this saves prep time, but you can use a fresh head of broccoli, too
- mashed garlic cloves: yum, yum, yum!
- beef broth: I mix water with bouillon cubes
- oil: I use peanut oil for added flavor, but olive oil works great too
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
How to Make it
I love how easy this beef broccoli noodles meal is to make and that I only have ONE pot to clean after.
First, brown the beef strips in oil for 5 minutes in a large wok. While those are cooking, I steam my frozen broccoli in the microwave and crush the garlic cloves. Then, add those to the wok and cook another 5 minutes.
Now I prepare the sauce by mixing the brown sugar and soy together. When the broccoli, beef, and garlic are done, I toss them with half the sauce and remove from the wok.
Next, add the beef broth to the wok and bring to a boil on high. To get it boiling faster, cover with a lid. You technically don't need the water boiling, just steaming, because the noodles cook so quickly. They are really only softening and will even continue to cook once you take them off the heat, so be cautious.
We don't like mushy noodles, so I add the Ramen as soon as the broth steams and only cook for 2 minutes. Then I remove from the heat immediately, add the beef, broccoli, and garlic mix, and toss with the remaining sauce.
And wa-lah! Ready to serve!
making beef broccoli noodles kid-friendly
I always cut my kids' beef into small pieces rather than leaving it in strips. In steak form, beef can be chewy for little mouths. Unless I cut it in really small pieces, my kids don't like the texture of it.
Or, you can simply leave the beef out and serve your kids a hearty vegetarian version: broccoli and garlic noodles! The great part about the garlic in this recipe is that while it seems like it uses a lot, it is not overpowering at all.
Beef Broccoli Ramen Noodle Bowl
- 3 tbsp oil (sesame or olive)
- 1 pound beef strips
- 1 pound broccoli florets (frozen, steam in bag preferred)
- 8 cloves garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 cups beef broth
- 5 three-ounce packets of Ramen noodles, seasoning discarded
- Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Add beef, lower to medium, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While beef cooks, steam the broccoli in the microwave and mash the garlic. (hint: add the salt to the garlic to prevent garlic from flying out of the masher). Add to the wok and cook another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- While broccoli, garlic, and beef cook, whisk together the soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Add half the sauce to the wok, toss, and remove ingredients.
- Add beef broth to the wok and bring to a boil over high heat. Add Ramen noodles and simmer 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss noodles with broccoli, beef, garlic, and remaining sauce.
If you made it and loved it, let me know in the comments!