This smooth Ace Blender Tomato Soup was created for the Instant Ace Blender or other cooking blenders. It's sweet, tangy and delicious- full of amazing tomato flavor! Made with a combination of fresh plum tomatoes, canned tomatoes and tomato juice, it's one of the best tomato soup recipes! Plus, it can be kept dairy free and vegan!
Ace Blender Tomato Soup is an easy comforting soup recipe for a cool fall or winter evening. It's made using the creamy soup program and is ready in only 16 minutes.
It's so easy to make, with essentially no preparation time- simply toss all ingredients in your Instant Ace Blender and hit start! While designed for this brand cooking blender, you can use the cooking blender you have.
Fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes, tomato juice, shallots and garlic give this soup incredible, rich flavor. The acidity is toned down with a little sugar and the sweetness of the tomatoes is amplified with seasonings and a bit of butter.
There is no heavy cream in this recipe, and if you leave out the butter it is dairy free and vegan.
This blender tomato soup recipe makes 4 one cup servings, the perfect amount for 2 or 3 people as an appetizer or as a side with warm, toasted grilled cheese sandwiches.
Instant Ace Blender Tomato Soup is made with a base of:
- Plum tomatoes: or use roasted tomatoes for extra tangy flavor.
- Diced tomato can, with the juices
- Tomato juice, such as V8
It's seasoned with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Sugar is added to neutralize the natural acidity of the tomatoes.
Butter is melted into the soup at the end to add richness. Fresh basil pairs beautifully with tomatoes, so it always make a wonderful garnish for creamy tomato soup.
Blender tomato soup is made in 3 easy steps.
- Add all the ingredients except butter and basil to the glass pitcher of the Ace Blender, or other cooking blender, in the order listed or that your blender recommends.
- Secure and lock the lid. Choose the Soup •• program for creamy soup (on the Instant Ace Blender). Change the time to 16:00.
- Once done, open the lid and stir in the butter. The butter is optional but adds a richness to the soup. It can be left out entirely to keep the soup dairy free and vegan. Or, add 1 tablespoon to individual bowls.
Serve tomato soup garnished with fresh chopped basil, additional freshly ground pepper or red pepper flakes for a spicy variation.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
- Plum tomatoes have thin skins that disintegrate into the soup as they cook. Use plum tomatoes for the most smooth and creamy soup. The fresh tomatoes can be substituted with another can of diced or whole tomatoes.
- Vegetable juice is used in this recipe in place of the traditional vegetable broth or chicken broth. It elevates the flavor and increases smooth and creamy consistency.
There are many toppings that taste great on tomato soup. Croutons, shredded cheese, toasted pine nuts, sliced mozzarella cheese, red pepper flakes and toasted baguettes all are great additions to tomato soup.
For blending into the soup, a dash of red wine vinegar, grated parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and a bit of heavy cream add richness and flavor.
Creamy tomato soup makes a fantastic dipping soup for grilled cheese and other toasted baguette sandwiches. Grilled cheese and tomato soup make a lovely meal on a cold night.
It also pairs well with a garden salad, simple grilled or baked chicken breasts. As a starter, tomato soup is delicious with pasta dishes. It would be great with pasta and creamy white sauce or tomato and spinach tortellini.
Italian bread and sun-dried tomato bread are incredible when dipped into tomato soup!
Keep blender tomato soup in the fridge for up to 1 week in a sealed container. It is freezer-friendly for about 3 months.
Ace Blender Tomato Soup
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 15 oz diced tomatoes 1 can plus their juices
- 1 ½ cups tomato juice
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoon butter
- fresh basil
- Add all ingredients except butter and basil to the glass pitcher of the Ace Blender, or other cooking blender, in the order listed.
- Secure and lock the lid. Choose the Soup •• program for creamy soup. Change the time to 16:00.
- Once done, open the lid and stir in the butter.
- Serve with fresh basil if desired.