Pina Colada Popsicles are a delicious summer treat made with just 4 all natural ingredients. Make them with rum for a boozy adult snack or without to keep them kid-friendly. They contain no added sugar, are dairy and gluten free, and are vegan! These refreshing pineapple coconut popsicles are a sweet treat you can feel good about enjoying all summer long.
Meet the Pina Colada Popsicle— a homemade, 4 ingredient, no sugar-added refreshing and tasty summertime treat!
Pina colada popsicles require just 5 minutes of effortless hands-on time. The rest is blending and freezing time.
The best part is they are a guilt-free summer snack or dessert without any added sugar, unnatural flavors, thickeners, preservatives or food coloring.
They are naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan. So not only are they a wholesome homemade popsicle, they are perfect for those requiring certain special diets, like my lactose-intolerant baby.
Made with coconut cream, coconut milk yogurt, pineapple juice, and fresh pineapple, they are a Caribbean-inspired popsicle that will make you feel like you should be hanging out on the beach of a tropical island.
They can be made with or without rum, making them suitable for kids and adults. And since they don't take long, it won't take but a few extra minutes to make a non-alcoholic batch for your kids and a boozy batch for you!
The recipe is based off one of my most trending drinks— an authentic blended piña colada.
These tasty pineapple coconut popsicles are a treat you can feel good about feeding your family.
If you make them, be sure to tag me on Instagram @tastyovenrecipes! I'd love to see how they turned out for you.
TRY THESE TASTY SUMMER DRINKS AND SNACKS, TOO:
- Instant Pot Iced Green Tea
- Coconut Lime Bars
- Iced Green Tea with Honey
- Lemon Squares
- Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Mango Pico De Gallo
🍹 Equipment Needed
While making homemade popsicles is not complicated, it does require a few special tools. Here is a list of my favorite popsicle-making tools.
- Blender. While I use my Instant Ace Nova Cooking Blender, which has a special frozen dessert function, any blender will do just fine.
- Popsicle Molds. I have these silicone popsicle molds. They make removing frozen desserts extremely easy. But there are so many options online for plastic, stainless steel, and silicone molds. It's all about your preference.
- Wooden Craft Sticks. You should be able to easily find these in big packages at dollar stores and craft stores. There are also endless options online.
- Storage Bags (optional). I use these to save popsicles that haven't been fully eaten for later or when I need to use the mold for another batch before we have a chance to eat them all.
How To Make Pina Colada Popsicles
- Add all ingredients to your blender in the order that your machine recommends. For instance, the Ace Nova blender's guidelines are to add the liquids first, followed by thickeners, then fruit or ice. If your machine doesn't have guidelines or you can't remember, add the heavier ingredients to the bottom, followed by the liquids.
- Set your blender to the "frozen dessert" function if there is one. If not, blend at high speed until the mixture is mostly smooth. Some chunks are completely fine! This will take between 30-60 seconds depending on your blender.
- Fill your popsicle molds, leaving a little bit of space for them to expand while freezing. Insert the sticks into the top.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours.
This recipe makes 10 large (or about 3 to 3.5 oz) popsicles. You can half it, double it, or even triple it while keeping all ingredients proportionate.
Pina Colada Popsicle
- wooden craft sticks
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup rum (optional)
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 2 ½ cups pineapple, diced
- Add the ingredients in the order listed to the Instant Ace Blender. Close the lid. *If using a different blender, add ingredients in the order recommended.
- Select frozen dessert function, then start. The blender will pulse/blend for 1 minute and 18 seconds. *For blenders without a frozen dessert function, blend on high until smooth, about 90 seconds.
- Fill ice pop molds with about ½ inch of room remaining for expansion. Insert a popsicle stick into each popsicle and freeze for 6 hours.
⭐️ Quick Tips For Making Popsicles
They should be stored in their molds or another airtight freezer-safe container. You can also use special storage bags like these to keep popsicles that aren't fully eaten for later or when needing to use your mold for another batch before they have all been eaten.
When stored properly, homemade popsicles will last up to 6 weeks.
To easily remove popsicles, run the mold under warm water for 10-15 seconds. Then wiggle stick and slide the popsicle out of the mold. Repeat as necessary.
This is always up to the discretion of the parents and depends on the recipe's ingredients. I make all of my popsicles with ingredients that are safe for children. Popsicles are easy for babies without teeth to enjoy and may feel good on babies that are teething.
I hope you enjoy your pina colada popsicles, and will let me know how they turn out in the comments below.
If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to give it a star rating and let me know what you thought in the comments! And follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes!
MORE RECIPES YOU'LL ENJOY
I need the boozy one in my life ASAP!
Yum! Perfect for this summer! My neice loves this. Will definitely try. Thanks!