This bread machine Cinnamon Bread with Raisins recipe could not be easier! Throw all your ingredients in the bread machine and let it knead, rise, and bake. Enjoy your cinnamon raisin swirl bread for breakfast, as a snack, or with tea and coffee.
This cinnamon swirl bread is absolutely delicious, a perfect sweet snack or a tasty breakfast bread to have with your coffee or tea.
Make it once, and it will become one of your favorite breads to make in the bread machine. It's a sweet, yeast bread that turns out fluffy every time.
Using the bread machine takes the guesswork and difficulty out of making cinnamon bread.
With the perfect recipe and ingredient ratio, this cinnamon swirl bread will have you planning when you're going to make it again.
This cinnamon swirl bread is easy peasy. It's made without having to hand fold and roll the cinnamon mix into the dough. The cinnamon swirl is instead added during the "mix-in" stage in your bread machines cycle.
All mixing, kneading, and baking takes place right in the bread machine. This makes for an easy recipe, along with easy clean up too.
If you don't yet have a bread machine and are browsing for recipes to see if it's worth getting one, it certainly is! While my Cuisinart bread machine is pricey, it is very well worth it.
The bread machine is easier and quicker than making bread by hand, especially when it comes to making yeast breads like this one.
What Other Recipes are Made Easy in the Bread Machine?
- Bread Machine Sun Dried Tomato Basil Bread
- Bread Machine Apple Bread
- Bread Machine Garlic Bread
- Bread Machine Zucchini Bread
- Homemade Spinach Pasta Dough for the Bread Machine
- Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts and Cranberry
- Always read the instructions for your brand of bread machine before following any recipe. While you can make any bread machine recipe using any brand, some have a different order for adding ingredients. Some machines also have a mix-in drawer rather than a timer for you to manually add mix-ins later.
- I have this Cuisinart Automatic Bread Maker. My recipe is for the order that Cuisinart recommends for their machines. Follow my recipe, but change the order that you add in the ingredients.
- This recipe is for a 1 pound loaf. If you're machine does not have a 1 pound setting, use the 1.5 pound setting. End the bake cycle 10 minutes early.
- Do not overheat the milk. Using a liquid that is too hot will kill the yeast.
- Most bread machines don't require proofing the yeast beforehand. But read your manual in case yours does.
- You can use instant, active, or bread machine yeast.
To make this cinnamon swirl bread you will need ingredients for the dough and a few others for the cinnamon raisin mix-in.
For the dough, you need:
- warm milk (110 degrees Fahreinhet)
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- bread flour
- yeast (instant, active dry, or bread machine)
For the cinnamon raisin mix-in, you need:
- white sugar
Of all the breads you can make, cinnamon swirl is probably the most kid-friendly because of its sweetness.
But not all kids like raisins, and if you have babies who are just learning to chew with new baby teeth, the raisins may be too tough for them.
Therefore, use less raisins or chop them into small pieces.
Currants can be used in place of the raisins as well. Or, you can skip the raisins entirely and make a simple cinnamon bread.
Cinnamon swirl bread is made in 4 simple steps using the bread machine.
- Warm the milk to 110 degrees F. Add butter to the milk and put in the bread pan.
- Add the egg, salt, sugar, bread flour, and yeast to the bread pan in that order (for Cuisinart machines). If you have a different machine, check the instructions for the correct order to add ingredients. Select the basic/white bread function on the menu, choose the 1 pound loaf option and your crust color preference. If you don't have a 1 pound loaf setting, the 1.5 pound setting is fine.
- While the dough works its way through the kneading cycles, combine the cinnamon swirl mix-in: raisins, cinnamon, white sugar. The basic/white bread function on my Cuisinart runs through 3 kneading cycles. It will beep 5 times at the end of the second cycle. This is to signal that you should add mix-ins. Pour in the cinnamon swirl mix now. For other machines, follow the instructions for when to add mix-ins.
- The machine will continue to the third and last kneading cycle. If you're watching, you may notice that the raisins do not adhere to the dough ball immediately. Don't worry! They will as it continues to knead. At the end of the last kneading cycle remove the kneading paddle. If the dough is shaped funny, take it out, roll it into a ball, and put it back in. It will rise again and bake.
- Once done, remove it to a wire rack and let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- ¾ cup warm milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoon yeast, active dry or instant
For Cinnamon Swirl
- 1 ¼ cups raisins
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- Heat the milk to 110°F. Add the butter to the milk and and stir to melt. Add to the bread pan.
- Add the egg, salt, sugar, bread flour, and yeast to the bread pan in that order (for a Cuisinart machine). If you have a different brand, follow the manual and add ingredients in the order it requires.
- Select the basic/white bread function on the menu. Change to 1 lb for size and select your crust color preference. Press start to begin cycle. (if your machine does not have a 1 lb setting, choose the 1.5 lb setting and end baking cycle 10 minutes early)
- While dough is kneading, combine the cinnamon swirl ingredients in a separate bowl. The machine will sound with 5 beeps at the end of the second kneading cycle. Add the cinnamon swirl ingredients to the dough now. The kneading cycle will continue automatically.
- At the end of the third kneading cycle (signaled with 6 beeps) remove the kneading paddle. Roll dough back into a ball and put back into the bread pan.
- When done, let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve bread machine cinnamon swirl bread plain or toasted with butter as a snack, for breakfast, or with your coffee and tea.
Freshly baked bread should be stored in an airtight baggie or container for about 3 days at room temperature.
You can also keep it in the fridge for about week.
Bread is perfect for storing in the freezer if you have extra. It'll keep for 6 months to a year and defrosts quickly when needed. Cut into slices before freezing for easy storage and quick defrosting.
I hope you enjoy it! If you made it let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear what you thought.