Coconut Lime Bars are a tropical twist on lemon bars. Sweet, tart, and creamy, they make a refreshing summer dessert.
Coconut lime bars are made from 2 key, refreshing ingredients: coconut milk and lime. They are an indulgent summer dessert recipe that is creamy, tangy, and sweet— perfect for that after dinner sweet tooth.
With lime zest, lime juice, coconut milk and condensed milk on the inside and shredded coconut on top, coconut lime bars are a refreshing treat on a hot summer day. Pair them with a cool glass of iced green tea or homemade lemonade, take a seat on the patio, relax and enjoy!
If you also love using coconut milk or coconut when cooking, try out these delicious recipes next.
More Coconut Recipes
Coconut Lime Filling
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Coconut milk: use full fat canned coconut milk.
- Sour cream
- Lime juice: fresh squeezed for the best flavor, bottled when you want to make it easy.
- Lime zest
- Shredded coconut: used for the topping, so sweetened coconut gives the best taste.
- Flour: all purpose (or whole wheat/almond/coconut for a healthier key lime pie bar)
- Crushed graham crackers
- White sugar
If you'd like to leave out the graham crackers, this is perfectly fine. I don't use graham crackers in my lemon bar recipe.
To make coconut lime bars without graham crackers, use flour, sugar, and butter but slightly alter the proportions to 1 cup flour - ¼ cup sugar - ¼ cup butter.
There are only 2 active steps to making these.
- Make the crust. Simply combine all crust ingredients and press into a greased pan and bake for 15 minutes. While the crust bakes, prepare the coconut lime filling.
- Make the filling. Mix all filling ingredients together. You don't need any special tools. A fork or whisk will do just fine. Pour the filling onto the baked crust and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
Once the coconut lime bars are finished baking, set them in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Once set, remove them from the pan by lifting up the foil and transferring to a cutting board. Slice the bars into small squares or rectangles and sprinkle with sweetened coconut shreds.
How to Store
Store coconut lime pars in the fridge for up to 1 week, covered.
Coconut Lime Bars
- 9x13 baking pan
- parchment paper
Coconut Lime Filling
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon lime zest
- shredded coconut for topping
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs (4 crushed graham crackers)
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil. Grease well with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the crust ingredients and press into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Combine the coconut lime filling ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour on top of the baked crust. Bake for 15 minutes more. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Slice into square or rectangle bars and sprinkle with shredded coconut.