This is the best mummy hot dog recipe you'll see out there! Hot dogs are wrapped in crescent dough that's stuffed with cheese and brushed with melted butter. Buttery, cheesy, and delicious!
It's super easy to make them in your oven or air fryer- you'll have a winning Halloween party dish in no time at all. And one that everyone will love.
Every year as it gets closer to Halloween my kids want to know, are you making the mummies!? And friends want to know, can you bring those delicious mummy dogs to the Halloween party?
The answer is an obvious yes.
For more fun and spooky foods, check out my other Halloween recipes.
I know for sure you'll love these creepy mummy dogs! I'd love to hear how they turn out in the comments down below.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. If using an air fryer, you can wait until you're done wrapping the mummies to preheat it.
On a baking sheet, roll out each crescent dough piece. Use a pizza cutter to make thin cuts on one side as in the picture below.
Put a slice of cheese on the short side, where the hot dog will be placed.
Put the hot dog on top of the cheese. Wrap the thin cuts of dough around the hot dog in a zig-zag fashion. There is no right way to wrap the hot dog, but make sure to leave a gap for the mummy's face.
Brush with the melted butter and bake.
They bake for between 10 and 15 minutes. This depends on the crescent dough brand you're using and your oven. Check on them at around 10 minutes and cook until golden brown.
Serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping. Or, make eyes using either condiment. Enjoy!
- Instead of crescent dough, use pizza dough or puff pastry dough. It can be store bought or homemade.
- Use American cheese, Swiss cheese, or your favorite sliced deli cheese.
- Don't love hot dogs? Try Italian sausage or chicken sausage instead.
Make this basic mummy hot dog recipe even funner by:
- Making mini hot dog mummies. Create a mummy family!
- Adding eyes using mustard or ketchup for even cuter and spookier hot dogs.
- Slicing the bottom of the hot dog in half to make legs.
- Making hot dog spiders to go along with the theme!
Mummy Hot Dog
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 package crescent dough
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- ketchup & mustard, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. If using an air fryer, wait until you're done wrapping the mummies to preheat.
- On a baking sheet, roll out each crescent dough piece. Use a pizza cutter to make thin cuts on one side of each piece.
- Place a slice of cheese on the short uncut side of the dough. Put a hot dog on top of the cheese and wrap uncut slices around the hot dog a zig-zag pattern, leaving a gap for the "face". Brush with the melted butter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven or 5-8 minutes in the air fryer, until the crescent dough is golden brown.
Store your mummy dogs in the fridge until ready to serve.
They are delicious at room temperature. So if making them for a party, there is no need to worry if they sit out for a few hours.
Yes! Make them the day before and keep in the fridge. Warm in the microwave for about 30 seconds when ready to serve. If you want to make them a few weeks ahead of time, store them in the freezer and defrost overnight in the fridge.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? MORE HALLOWEEN RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE: