Mini Party Pizza is the ultimate party food! These mini pizza treats are perfect for any kid or adult party where finger foods are the main attraction. Mini party pizza is great for game day or Super Bowl parties!
I almost didn't post this recipe. I mean, there are limited ways to make mini party pizza. But we love pizza. And this recipe is so easy, so simple, and so perfectly kid-friendly.
And we love kid-friendly recipes as much as we love pizza. Kids can't get enough pizza, and especially not these cute little pizzas that fit perfectly in their little hands.
So how is this mini party pizza recipe different than the others? I have one extra step that makes these even tastier and crispier than most. Want to know my simple secret? Read on!
To make mini party pizza, you need these basic pizza ingredients:
- one package of pizza dough (or 2 depending on party size)
- 1-2 cups of pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
Feel free to buy your favorite pizza dough. You should also give this homemade pizza dough a try, if you have a bread machine and like making your dough from scratch. Or, if you don't have a bread machine you can make it by hand.
In addition to the basic ingredients, you'll need to decide which toppings you'd like.
The topping choices for mini party pizzas are endless. Whatever you like on a regular pizza, put on a mini party pizza!
For a kid's only party, my favorite toppings are:
- plain cheese
- ground beef
- diced tomato and spinach
- diced tomato and basil
For an adult party, my favorite toppings are:
- plain cheese (it's always safe to have just cheese for those picky eaters)
- sliced peppers and onions
- ham and pineapple
- sliced olives
- diced tomato and spinach or basil
- meatball and arugula
- feta, sliced garlic, and spinach
- sausage and onions
You can also skip the pizza sauce on some and go with a "white" pizza, just mozzarella cheese and your topping of choice. White mini party pizza is best topped with tomatoes and basil, in my opinion.
Making mini party pizza is very simple and quick. You can have them on the table ready to eat in only 20 minutes! These tiny pizzas take just 5-7 minutes to prep and 10-12 minutes to cook.
the secret step
Ready for my secret to a tastier, irresistibly crispy pizza? Brushing the dough with a butter sauce before adding the pizza sauce. That's all there is to it! This simple trick seriously kicks up the flavor.
The first step to making mini party pizza is to spread the dough and shape into small circles. The easiest way to do this is with a cookie cutter. If you don't have a small round cookie cutter, you can use a cup. Press the upside down cup into the dough and twist until you feel the dough separate from the dough sheet.
You have 2 options for the extra dough trimmings.
- discard them
- combine them and reshape into circles to make pizza poppers
However, option 2 will not work for all pizza dough. It will work on my homemade dough, and some store bought dough balls. But you will likely not be able to reshaped canned dough.
If you hate the thought of throwing away the trimmings, cut the dough into squares with a pizza cutter instead, like I do with these buffalo chicken pizza poppers. One standard pizza dough package will make about 24 square or 12 circle mini pizzas.
Now once you have your mini pizzas cut or shaped, melt the butter and mix with parsley, salt, and garlic powder. Brush this over the mini pizzas.
Now layer with pizza sauce. About 1-2 teaspoons will do.
Next, top with about 1-2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese and your toppings of choice.
And finally, bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese begins to bubble and turn a golden brown.
Mini Party Pizza
- 1 package of pizza dough
- 1-2 cups pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- diced tomatoes
- chopped spinach
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil.
- Spread the pizza dough and cut into circles with a cookie cutter or cup. (or, cut into squares with a pizza cutter) You will have about 12 circles or 24 squares.
- Melt the butter and mix in parsley, salt, and garlic powder. Brush the entire mini pizza dough circle with the butter sauce.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of sauce, then 1-2 teaspoons of cheese, and any toppings.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden.
If you made it and loved it, let me know in the comments. I'd love to hear what you think!