Mini Hot Dog Crescent Rolls are always a delicious and irresistible keep-me-coming-back-for-more party food! Incredibly easy and fast, and always a hit!
It's not a party without mini hot dog crescent rolls! These are always a hit at any party and the first dish to be gone.
They are fun and easy for both kids and adults to eat, and there is something about them that is just comforting, addicting, and party-ish.
This extremely popular appetizer and party food reminds me of one of my favorite fun childhood dinners, cheesy crescent hot dogs. Let's make them mini so we can snack on them on New Years, the Super Bowl, and at whatever other party you're throwing!
If you're making them for a specific party, like the Super Bowl, you can draw designs on them with your condiments so they look even more like footballs.
Or simply serve with ketchup and mustard on the side for easy dipping.
You'll only need three ingredients to make mini hot dog crescent rolls.
- mini hot dogs
- crescent dough
- cheddar cheese (optional)
Don't forget to include condiments like ketchup and mustard, or whatever else you put on your hot dogs.
Making mini crescent dogs is incredibly easy and takes very little time. They require only about 5 minutes of preparation and 10 minutes of cooking.
The best part is that you don't have to plan to have them ready right as the party starts. They can be served warm, but are just as great at room temperature.
First, roll out the crescent triangles and cut each into 2 pieces.
If using cheese sprinkle the dough with it.
Then put the hot dog on top and wrap the dough around it, pinching the ends together so the hot dog is covered.
Bake at the temperature that the crescent package indicates for the time it states, typically at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy!
Mini Hot Dog Crescent Rolls
- 1 package of crescent rolls (8 large pieces)
- 16 mini hot dogs
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° or temperature on crescent package.
- Roll out the crescent dough and slice each triangle into 2 pieces. Flatten and spread each out so the shortest edge is the length of the hot dog.
- Sprinkle each triangle with cheese if using, and wrap dough around hot dog, pinching sides so that the hot dog is covered.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes, or until dough is golden.
That's all there is to making mini hot dog crescent rolls. If you've made them, please let me know how they turned out in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you!