This is an incredibly easy recipe for how to make s'mores without a fire. These no-bake, no-fire S'mores Snack Bites are little kid safe and ready to eat in only 5 minutes. This take on the classic summertime treat is perfect for parties, picnics, and snack time!
If you're wondering exactly how to make s'mores without a fire (and why would anyone want to do this?!), I am here to tell you the quickest and simplest way!
Every summer we add to our bucket list, "make s'mores on the fire pit." And we really try! But with 2 kids under 5, bed time is well before the sun goes down, and making s'mores in the daylight just doesn't feel the same. Not to mention that having 2 little kids around a fire trying to roast marshmallows makes my heart race the entire time. Making s'mores with small kids is not always as fun as it sounds!
This recipe is a kid-safe, fire-free way for how to make s'mores! It requires melting the marshmallows and chocolate in the microwave and sandwiching it between 2 graham crackers. It's as simple as pie and my kids love to make them this way just as much as they love trying to roast marshmallows over the fire. They find it fun to mix melted marshmallows and scoop everything onto the crackers. Their favorite part is licking the chocolate spoons and bowl!
Ingredients & Tools Needed to Make S'mores without Fire
To make s'mores without using a fire, you need the 3 typical s'mores ingredients:
- graham crackers
This recipe for how to make s'mores without fire using jumbo marshmallows. You can use mini marshmallows too. I melt the marshmallows in a glass measuring cup and they fill it up about to the 1 and ½ cup line.
I make these using milk chocolate chips, but you can also use dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or chocolate bars. Any chocolate that will melt in the microwave!
And as for the graham crackers, my favorite are honey graham crackers. Yum!
Instructions for How to Make S'mores without Fire
There are a few ways for how to make s'mores without fire, but this is the quickest. It takes only 5 minutes! It doesn't leave a big mess either, with just the bowls used to melt the marshmallows and chocolate to clean up. Here's how to make s'mores without fire:
- Break the graham crackers in half and place 10 halves on a piece of wax or parchment paper (or on a serving dish).
- In a glass bowl, mix the marshmallows and a few teaspoons of water and heat for 20 seconds. Stir and reheat in 5 second increments if not completely melted.
- In another glass bowl, add the chocolate chip and microwave for 60 seconds. Stir to melt and reheat in 10 second increments if not completely melted.
- Layer the graham cracker halves with a spoonful of marshmallow, then a spoonful of chocolate, then a small spoonful of marshmallow. Top with the other graham cracker half to make "sandwiches".
That's it! Serve immediately or cool in the fridge. I hope you enjoy!
S'mores Snack Bites without Fire
- 10 graham crackers
- 10 large marshmallows
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Break graham crackers in half and place on parchment or wax paper.
- Melt marshmallows with 2 teaspoons of water in the microwave for 20 seconds, checking at each 10 second mark. Mix well.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave for 60 seconds to melt. Stir and heat in additional 10 second increments if needed.
- Layer the graham cracker halves with a spoonful of marshmellow, then chocolate, then marshmellow. Top with remaining graham cracker halves.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Storing and Serving Snack Bite S'mores
These fire-free s'mores are perfect served as a fun snack for children's summer parties, picnics, or vacations when you won't have access to a fire but still want yummy chocolaty s'mores.
S'mores snack bites are just as good eaten immediately after being made while they are just about room temperature as they are cool and straight from the fridge! So make them immediately before you want to enjoy them or eat them a few hours to a few days later, warm or cool! They are also delicious warmed up for a few seconds in the microwave or a few minutes in the toaster. The choice is yours!
Store s'mores snack bites in the fridge to enjoy as a cool treat when you want a refreshing snack on a hot day or keep them in an airtight container at room temperature. They keep for 3 days in the fridge before completely losing the crispy graham cracker crunch. But I bet they won't last that long anyway!
And that's all there is to knowing how to make s'mores without fire! If you made them, let me know how they turned out. I’d love to hear what you thought.
And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for the latest family-friendly recipes and more!