Frozen Banana Bites with Nutella are a fun, healthy kids snack that are easy to make. They are a delicious and refreshing for both kids and adults! Frozen banana bites are a great way to use bananas that are about to go bad or a wonderful way to get turn plain fruit into a fun snack...to get your kids to eat fruit when they give you a hard time!
My kids will not eat regular bananas. But they will devour frozen banana bites.
And that's okay by me, because these frozen banana bites are a fun and healthy kids snack that takes only minutes to make and is sweet and refreshing on a hot summer day.
Frozen banana bites are a great alternative to store bought popsicles that are loaded with sugar and unhealthy additives.
While they are layered with sugary nutella and rainbow sprinkles, the only other ingredient is fresh banana.
They also make but a great snack to offer at parties and sleepovers.
All you need to make them is a few fresh bananas, a little bit of nutella, and rainbow or colored sprinkles.
With 3 bananas, you'll get 9 frozen banana bites sticks.
You do not need a lot of nutella either, just about ½ cup.
You'll also need popsicle sticks or wooden skewers.
Making frozen banana bites takes about 10 minutes. That's the time it takes to put them together. It will be about another 60 minutes to freeze them.
Get your kids involved with making these. They will have a lot of fun dropping sprinkles onto the bites and helping to "skewer" the nutella bananas.
Here are the steps:
- Peel and slice the bananas into ½ inch pieces.
- Make the skewers with 3 banana slices. Top 2 of the 3 banana pieces with nutella and sprinkles. Stack the 2 slices, and then place 1 plain banana slice on top. Slide a popsicle stick into the stack. Be careful here, so that the bananas do not break. Squeeze the banana stack as you insert the popsicle stick to avoid it breaking.
- Place on a small plate or baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
Then serve and enjoy!
Frozen Banana Bites with Nutella
- Popsicle sticks
- 3 bananas
- ⅓ cup Nutella spread
- Slice bananas into ½ inch pieces.
- Separate the slices into sets of 3. Spread a layer of nutella on 2 banana slices and put sprinkles on top of nutella. Stack the banana slices, with the plain banana slice on top.
- Stick a popsicle stick through the center. Put pressure with your hands on the banana as the stick slides down so that the banana doesn't bread.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour before eating.
🍌 Other Ways to Use Nutella
There are a lot of easy recipes to use nutella with. Here are a few:
- Spread nutella on toast for morning breakfast
- Use as dip for fruit
- Spread it on graham crackers
- Make nutella and strawberry croissants
A quick google search will bring up lots of other ways that you can use nutella.
And that's all there is to making this fun snack! I hope you enjoy and will let me know how it turns out in the comments below.