Croissant Cups with Fruit and Danish Filling are a simple yet elegant idea for brunch, parties, breakfast, and summer snacks. Croissant cups are filled with an easy homemade cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla filling and topped with summer ripe fruit. You can have these creamy, fruit-filled croissant cups ready to eat in only 15 minutes!
We buy our fruit in bulk from Sam's Club or the local farmer's markets, but with a family of 4, we have to make sure to eat it before it goes bad. Fresh fruit doesn't last long, and we hate wasting it just because we didn't eat it fast enough.
So I am always looking for creative ways to use up our fresh fruit. Especially since kids sometimes need a nudge (or a big push!) in order to eat their fruits and veggies. And the more creative and fun ways we can serve it to them, the better! Croissant cups with fruit and danish filling are one of those fun ways that I get my kids to eat their fruit when good old fashioned fresh fruit in a bowl doesn't cut it.
Croissant cups are a lovely addition to a holiday brunch gathering or served as a simple breakfast. Snack on them throughout the day, too!
If you enjoyed these strawberry and peach filled croissant cups, I’d love to hear what you thought in the comments! Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for the latest recipes. I hope you and your family enjoy this recipe!
ingredients in croissant cups with fruit and danish filling
To make croissant cups with strawberries and peaches, you need:
- Crescent dough sheet: you can also use crescent rolls and press together the seams to make one big rectangle
- Fresh strawberries: use fresh, frozen will be too watery
- Fresh peaches: see above!
- Cream cheese
- Sugar: white sugar, not brown
- Vanilla extract: if you don't have it, omit it and your croissant cups will still be delicious
You also need a mini muffin tin with 12 cups, as this recipe makes 12 mini croissant cups.
how to make croissant cups with fruit
It takes just a few simple steps to make croissant cups with fruit and danish filling.
First, chop the peaches and strawberries. Then roll out the crescent dough sheet and cut it into 12 long and even pieces. Now slice those long pieces in half, as in the picture below. The easiest way to do this is with a pizza cutter.
Second, make the danish filling by mixing the cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth. Warm it in the microwave a few seconds to get it soft enough so it smooths out.
Next, add 2 crescent rectangles to each mini muffin cup, pressing them down in the shape of a flower, as in the picture.
Scoop a little bit of cream cheese into each and add 3-4 pieces of fruit.
Bake for 9-13 minutes, until the edges of the crescent dough begin to brown.
Serve croissant cups warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Croissant Cups with Fruit and Danish Filling
- 1 crescent sheet package
- 1 cup chopped strawberries and peaches
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking oil.
- Roll out the dough and slice into 12 long pieces. Cut in half so you have 24 rectangles.
- Place 2 rectangles in each muffin cup in the shape of a flower. Press down.
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract. Add a spoonful to each croissant cup.
- Top with 3-4 pieces of chopped fruit.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes, until edges of dough are golden brown.
Croissant cups should be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days. Warm in the microwave or toaster before serving.
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for the latest recipes!