Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with Everything Bagel Seasoning are baked in olive oil and salt until perfectly crisp. Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning for a quick healthy family-friendly snack or topping for salads and grain bowls.
If you are looking for a wholesome, natural, healthy, and simple snack for you and your family, Crispy Roasted Chickpeas are it! This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and kid-friendly (just watch your seasonings!). Chickpeas are packed with protein and fiber, yet they have barely any calories.
Albeit healthy, plain Crispy Roasted Chickpeas are pretty bland without any seasonings. So load up on your favorite one, in this case everything bagel seasoning, and enjoy as seasoned chickpeas as you want!
The ingredients in crispy roasted chickpeas are pretty simple:
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 ounces)
- Everything bagel seasoning
Plus a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of salt. Simple. Whole. Healthy.
Crispy roasted chickpeas are made in only 3 simple steps:
- Drain, rinse, and dry chickpeas with a paper towel. It's important to completely dry them. Wet chickpeas will not get crispy! Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit while chickpeas are drying.
- Place chickpeas on a baking sheet. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of salt and spread into one layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning while still warm.
Once you know the steps for creating the perfect crispy roasted chickpeas, the seasoning you add is really about your preference. This recipe and method of roasting chickpeas can be used with any of these spice and herb combinations:
- garlic salt and parsley
- jerk seasoning
- lemon pepper
- red pepper flakes
- bbq seasoning
- cajun seasoning
- Mediterranean spice blend
- taco spice blend
Always make sure to add the seasoning after the chickpeas have been roasted.
You can also skip the seasonings and just add a little salt and pepper, then use your chickpeas as a salad or grain bowl topping. I love them on spinach salads, along with hard boiled eggs and Italian dressing. Yum!
For ultimate crispiness, roasted chickpeas are best eaten the day you make them. After that they will lose a little crisp. You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 days.
Do not store in the fridge, otherwise they will turn soft.
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 15 ounces chickpeas 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Drain the can of chickpeas and rinse. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Transfer chickpeas to a baking sheet and remove any loose shells. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the salt. Spread into 1 layer and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss with everything bagel seasoning while still warm.